Ratings for Dr. Dennis H. Kraus

Dr Kraus is a wonderful doctor and all round great guy. I was diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma and a cancerous tumor in my sinus 14 years ago. Dr Kraus took all the time needed to discuss my condition, the options and the outcome. He really went out of his way to make sure I understood things and was that I was comfortable in my decisions. It's been 14 years and I have not had a re-occurrence of the cancer, which I think is indicative of the quality of his work. I haven't seen him in a few years since he's moved, but I'll always have a warm place in my heart for this guy.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Kraus is a compassionate, knowledgeable and skilled surgeon. After having worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital for 20 years, he took the position of Chief, Head & Neck Oncology for the North Shore/LIJ 17 hospital chain. You will not find a more skilled Head and Neck Cancer Surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I couldnt have been happier with Dr. Kraus, his staff or anyone at Memorial Sloane Kettering. My surgery was a success. Dr. Kraus not only addressed all of my concerns but handled the concerns and fears of my wife. He had all the qualities I was looking for in a surgeon - experience, confidence, patience, and a sense of humor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Dr.Kraus monitored my daughters lymphnode for 3 years,upon her getting sick and the node getting larger he recommended surgery to remove and biopsy the node. After three years of monitoring the same side of the neck, and explaining to her that he was going to remove the swollen node, he operated on the WRONG side.He sent patient representatives into the recovery room to "deal" with us while he went on to his next surgery.His response to his error:"if we don't make a big deal out of it, she won't be upset" after getting two more opinions,at Yale and CHOP,an xray was taken, we learned her lymphnode was enlarged due to 90% blockage of infected adnoids. She never needed surgery on neck, just simple adnoid removal. Dr.Kraus never took an xray before surgery. Dr.Kraus was inept, arrogant,not the least bit interested in taking care of our child.She still has a very visible two inch jagged scar on her neck which she is constantly questioned about. His record shows clean,we know otherwise.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Dennis H. Kraus's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1985)

AARP