Ratings for Dr. Marie Roy-Lessard

She's thorough and detailed, but her staff is too rude. The wait time is too long. She's a lovely Dr. and I'm sad to leave, I just can't stand the attitude and wait time requires you to give HOURS of your day, so best book it off or you're gonna be late to that meeting.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Staff and punctuality at this practice is awful. An impossible task attempting to make a telephone appointment. this practice has a total disregard for patients time. Dr. Roy is only as good as here referral, she is in the habit of sending you elsewhere for the slightest of conditions.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I admit Dr.Roy punctuality is not the best!But she's worth waiting for, her present secretary is amazing always smiling and very very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr Roy is very thorough - if you can get in to see her. Wait times are outrageous and front desk staff is very unhelpful. I went for a 6pm appt, tried to call before I left work to see how long the wait is but they don't answer the phone after 4:30. Got there, asked the secretary 'realistically, how long is this going to be'. She said there were only two people in front of me. I was there 2 1/2 hours and finally gave up. She only saw one patient all that time - she was doing paperwork in her office while we were waiting. And I was only there because she refused to fill out a report for my insurance company unless I was sitting there with her. Also, for an annual physical, she makes you come two to three times to complete it. She doesn't use support staff and completes all the paperwork while you (and everyone else in the waiting room) is sitting there. Totally disrespectful to everyone's time.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

WOW! Never met a doctor like her before... Takes way too long to see patients, 2 hour wait for a 10 minute consultation. One time after waiting for 2 hours in the middle of my consultation she gets a phone call and answers it -_-... and it was not a life or death phone call, it was her contractor calling. Every opportunity she gets she will refer you to an outside specialist.... I completely understand if something is outside your scope of knowledge... but a dermatologist for minor acne, really?! If you go in for physical be prepared to go in multiple times... more waiting for poor service.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

amazing doctor, takes time to explain everything and really cares about her patient's health.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Roy is great once you get in to see her. However the front desk staff is horrible, my last appointment which was for 10am with only 2 people waiting when I got there... turned out to be 2hrs later. Healthcare maybe free but we certainly pay the price with doctors over booking.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr. Roy is very patient takes her time with each patient but my daughter went to see her had to wait 3 hrs before she can see her she called and said she wanted to switch her doctor but when she actually sat down to speak to Dr. Roy she gave her her full attention. She changed her mind about switching her doctor. The staff however are very rude they never answer the phones or hardly @ the desk to answer any questions I think they staff needs to get some additional training how to approach patients

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Horrible wait times, even first thing in the morning. I wish she would simply book fewer patients per day, knowing full well she spents a lot of time with each (which is her strength - very detailed and knowledgeable). I guess she couldn't bill OHIP as much if she booked fewer patients each day.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

I don't recommend this doctor. I've never had an appointment on time, even when I sought out and booked the first appointment of the day! Minimum delay was 1 hour. Today was the day that broke the camel's back. I waited 3!!! hours! I now have to use a sick day to book off work to see her. Office staff never pick up the phone! I've called more than 15 times in a day and couldn't get through. Had to drive to the office to make the appointment! Also don't like the fact that I have to book multiple appointments for my annual physical. 3 hours wait for a 15 minute Q & A to update her computer records and a requisition for blood work. Insane! Mad? Darn right. This is simply not acceptable health care. Dr Roy doesn't know how to run a medical practice and has no regard for her patients time. I told her I was upset, but no appologies, no regrets, "I'll make no excuses, I was seeing other patients". Time for me to change doctors - I'm Fed Up!!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010