Ratings for Dr. Amit M. Shelat

I totally agree with the comments below. I think Dr. Shelat is one of the best neurologists on Long Island. He took care of me when I was a patient at Winthrop-University Hospital. He was the only one who took time to listen to my complaint and help me with my pain.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Shelat is a very knowledgeable neurologist. He spent close to 45 minutes talking with me and examining me. I don't think I've ever spoken to a doctor at such length. From my experience, he is someone who truly wants to help me find out what is wrong with me. He really listened to what I was feeling and went a long way to help me. I really appreciate his skills and knowledge. I have great respect for him because he took the time.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Shelat is one of the most down to earth people I know. His bedside manner is excellent. I have seen Dr. Shelat for past 2 years for low back pain. He is very empathic and has provided me significant comfort.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Sr. Shelat is a very knowlegeable neurologist. For once, a doctor actually cared about what I had to say. He really listened to me and took the time to help me. I would recommend him highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I'm originally from Oregon and flew in just to meet with Dr. Shelat. Initially I did not what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. He is by far the best neurologist I've seen in the past 10 years. He is very very thorough and helps you understand everything. He is also the only doctor who has ever reviewed my films with me and given me the opportunity to ask questions. His knowledge is amazing. He is very brilliant man and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

My daughter has been seen by approximately 9 neurologist about a constant sever 'migraine' headache. He is by far the best neurologist that we've seen. He was very organized, thorough, intelligent and pleasant.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Amit M. Shelat's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 2002)