Ratings for Dr. Preston P. Purdum

From my 1st appt. @ 10 yrs ago Dr. PURDUM has always come into the room with a smile and attitude that says to me, "I'm glad to see you again". He always washes his hands thoroughly and gets down to business. He asks reason(s) for visit, paying attention to my comments and asking questions. Dr. Purdum is very detail oriented and pleasantly explains everything, whether in the patient room or during a procedure if appropriate. Other wise, as soon as I am awake from the mild sedation, he goes over everything and gives me any further instructions necessary. He also does so with my spouse or daughter in case my mind is not yet clear. I do not have one single complaint about my doctor. A happy face with such s heavy schedule can't be easy in his line of work". I should add that more important than all of the above, Dr. PURDUM makes sure he stays completely focused during procedures making sure there are no errors of any kind. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

This practice must be undergoing some drastic changes. Most staff seemed short-tempered. I've had two employees complain to me about their job. One said she was having her hours cut and wouldn't have health insurance. It's nearly impossible to reach a scheduler on the phone or to resolve insurance matters. I've never spoken to the same person two times in a row. The doctor seemed stressed for the appointment, but then I had to wait for over an hour.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Preston P. Purdum's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)