Ratings for Dr. C Vanvuuren

This Dr. removed my ingrown toe nails on June 14th. Worst nightmare ever. I am expecting the very edges of my nail to be removed, simply procedure. Well not. He wanted to take my whole nail off and I said no I only want the sides off as I still want a nail. He made very rude comments to me. Then I was sedated. The nurse advised that he wanted to sedate me and when I asked why she did not know. When I asked again she said due to the pain. Well I was sedated and heavy sedation. So much so it slowed down my breathing and they had to keep waking me to breath. I was sent home with no pain killers and told to keep the dressing on for a week and then come back to have it removed and stitches out. At approximately 9:30 that night the freezing came out and I was in extreme pain. That was barbaric sending a patient home with no pain killers after what he did to my toe. I called the hospital and asked for the Dr. and was told he retired. Called the clinic and he was not available. It just gets worse from here. My toe is now infected. The sight of it makes people sick including myself. I am going to lodge a complaint with the college of physicians. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. If he is retired I can not believe they would allow him back to do surgery. Please be very careful of this Doctor. I would never let him near me again.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

My regular doctor was away and Dr Vanvuuren was covering off. He is incredibly rude, condesending and of no help.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

This doctors manners border on assult. He has induced shock into scared patients, he is a bully and not trustworthy at all. Take him to the local adminitrator to explain himself and he will act like an exposed bully saying whatever he thinks will cover his tracks. We filed a complaint with the administrator of the hospital for what we believe was abuse, abandonment, untruthfullness. He is a capable surgeon should you need it. Just get a second opinion first to be sure you need it. (Be aware he will yell at you and stamp out like an adolecent for that.) Other doctors and nurses apologize for him. The administrator doesn't seem to do much of cosequence about him. All the doctors there are South Africans and the rest are great, but they leave to another city or position shortly after their 5 year stint is up. This guy seems to be stuck here though. Who would want to take him on. Any planned surgeries, births etc. should be done at another hospital. The risk is too high of getting Dr. V.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

I found this doctor to be very rude and lacking any kind of bedside manners. He was extremly rough when he was examining me, both internally and when I sustained a back injury recently. I felt violated and left feeling that this man should be reported for his actions and lack of empathy and overall presentation toward myself and the patients that he sees on a regular basis as well as those that are seen in the emergency dept. I will in the future feel that I have to have someone with me if ever I need to be seen by him and have no other choice of doctor if a situation arises that I have to go to the hospital again.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009