Ratings for Dr. Louis J. Aronne

I was very disappointed with Dr. Aronne. He couldn't have had more disdain for his patients. His demeanor is flat (has absolutely no affect). I came to see him following a stressful period where I experienced an enormous weight gain and soon after the death of my mother. He suggested a medication that would be contraindicated in me (or pretty much anyone else with a mood disorder as the med is linked to a higher incidence of suicide in some patients). He said that he would call my psychiatrist to discuss but never did and I had to call the office twice to remind him. No one followed up with me. And he ended up cancelling appointments with me 3 times! If you are a celebrity patient you may fare better. Dr. Aronne should have more respect for his patients. While I found the nutritionist helpful and one of his residents was quite nice and capable, overall, it was a waste of money. The reason I went was not to be taught how to eat (I have plans from other very capable nutritionists) but to figure out the biological elements at play that were making it so difficult for me to lose weight. That supposedly is his specialty, according to his PR materials and books. I have never written a negative review about anything but people should be aware. I am guessing that Aronne's PR machine will probably counter with a positive review. Take that with a grain of salt and seek out a more compassionate and capable clinician.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I believe he runs it like a assembly line because his partner who I went to see, rushed me out of his office with very little interest in my medical condition. So I came here to look up his Dr. Arrone's reviews, and I see that they're not much better. Thanks for the tip. I might try Dr. Mark Hyman's treatment, if anyone else wants to check him out.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Missed most early morning appointments. Also, late a lot of times. Spends very little time with you. Clearly runs this like an assembly line. Also, always looking to sell you products.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

First Health Network
Galaxy Health Network
Golden Rule
Group Health
Health Choice Of Arizona (Ahccss)
Healthnet
Phcs
Phoenix Health Plan
Physician's Mutual
Prime Health Services
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Prudential