Ratings for Dr. Martin R Ankenbauer

Fantastic Doctor. I hope he never leaves, I would be lost without him. He actually saved my life. He is always willing to send you where ever to find the answer. Just a great guy.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I do not agree with the negative ratings at all. I always found Dr. Ankenbauer to be very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He referred me to other people on numerous occasions where required.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

This "Doctor" is no doctor! Not impressed at all. I wouldn't see him if he was the only doctor in the Kootenays. Absolutely no bedside manner and an arrogant attitude. He can go back to Germany anytime...the sooner the better!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

This man does not care to help people unless he can solve the problem himself. If he must ask for help or refer, he takes an incredibly long time and then disagrees with specialists recommendations, while offering nothing as an alternative solution. I agree with the review below that he "bulldozes" his opinions and belittles elderly patients. Do not see this doctor if you want any quality of life! He does not demonstrate a duty to care, or due diligence. If the problem is one he cannot fix, he will simply brush you off and ignore your concerns, send you on your way feeling worse than when you got there. This is not patient care. This is pompous neglect and abuse of power.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

He has always been concerned about the welfare of his patience minds and bodies. His staff is ok but he is the gem!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

This Dr does not listen to the patient's/or their family's concerns. Bulldozes his opinions on seniors while disregarding their fears. Has refused to send patient on referrals when specifically requested many times. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I was his Dr. Enkenbauer's patient for 5 years. I recently moved to Alberta and miss his kindness, caring, personable ways. I always came out of his office for a solution to my ailment (which I have not always experienced from some former doctors). He would look up any info he was not sure of, continue to work with me until he found the cause of my ailment, and his treatment for that ailment always alleviated the problem, or he would send me to the appropriate specialist. I was totally confident of his care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

I have been a patient now for a couple of years, only because he knows my history. I am not impressed in the least with his knowledge or the reliability of the staff, who often don't follow up on lab results or misplace them altogether.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

I think my knee is really damaged and he told me to get some Ibprofen and try some Phisio, I can't hardly walk, recomended no brace etc. I'm not inpressed.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010