Ratings for Dr. Joan Gatto

Heartless is a phrase to describe this doctor. She has no bedside manner as a hospitalist. She knows her science but she should be not allowed to see patients, as she has limited empathy not insight into family’s needs.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr Garth should go back to school for bedside manner lessons. She recently saw my elderly father and we were appalled by her lack of compassion and her inability to communicate with her patient and with us as a family.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Recently saw Dr Gatto as a hospitalist. She knew her science but her bedside manner was lacking.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I went to see Dr Gatto when I lived in Osoyoos, I was having anxiety attacks and presented her with my problems... She gave me perscriptions for VERY strong medications. LOTS of them I might add. I became a Zombie. I had lost over 50 pounds and she blamed that on my anxiety. I knew there was another problem so made an appointment with my old Dr on the Lower mainland. I now go for tests to see if I have an Aortic Annuerism, which could be life threatening. I cannot believe that she passed me off and didn't listen to my symptoms or even listen to the strong heart beat in my stomache. Needless to say we left Osoyoos so we could go and see a REAL Doctor!

Submitted September 25, 2007

As a previous patient for 20+ years, I was sorry to see her leave the lower mainland for greener pastures. I really miss her. She always took an interest in you personally as well as professionally and was always able to diagnose any problem I presented to her and recommend suitable treatment. If I ever have the opportunity to move to Osoyoos, I would definately seek her out to become my physician again!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

Dr. Gatto listens to what you have to say and carefully considers the problem. Always seems extremely interested and you never feel rushed. She is very good at making sure you understand and always tries to find an answer to your questions. You feel that she genuinely cares.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

Very understanding, caring, & thorough. Almost always on time and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

knowledgeable and helpful, just not available as often as desired

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

She is a very kind, caring, and thorough doctor. She takes time to listen and offers good advice. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007