Ratings for Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky

We took our son to see Dr. Mark today and were overly impressed by his knowledge and the way he reassured us that our son would be fine. He answered all our questions and we loved his bedside manner. Made us all feel relaxed and glad we were in his care. Wish the doctors our son saw 3 months ago had given us all this care and information. Would have saved us 3 months of worrying.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Tarnopolsky was very helpful and relentless in his testing to come up with a firm diagnosis of mitochondrial disease for my son and me. I live 7 hours away, and what impresses me most is that if one of my treating physicians, or even I for that matter, have a health related question, he can be emailed and will often reply the same day. A word of caution... he is very helpful to those who do their best to follow his recommendations and help themselves. He dropped my teenage son as a patient as soon as he found out he wasn't taking his vitamin cocktail. (Teenagers do things like that.) I have no doubt however, that he would take him back if my son started taking his cocktail again. Dr. Tarnopolski will give you lots of time as long as he doesn't feel like you're wasting his.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Tarnopolsky is a very well respected doctor. This is helpful in itself, because whatever he says, other doctors really listen. He is incredibly knowledgeable, which may come across as him not listening, but in fact he is so aware of the symptoms of various illnesses, he often knows what you will say before you've said it. His mind is packed with information and he has an astounding way to manipulate that information to see which conditions are possible considering what your info tells him. He is passionate about what he does and determined to find the answer to the puzzle of your illness.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I am grateful for Dr.Tarnopolsky looking after my son. I think he is very knowledgeable and has helped us immensely. We look forward to seeing him again. He has always been courteous with us. I would recommend him to everyone as he is fantastic!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Every time I meet with Mark I always feel like I am in good hands. He is incredibly smart and has the true brain of a researcher/scientist. He is so fascinated with family history and trying to figure out what is going on and how he can make it better. Thoroughly enjoy my time at the clinic with him, the genetic counselor and the other specialist that are there!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

He used to be a great doctor.. but it seems he has gotten to big for himself. He does not care about the patients or research anymore. You have to wait so long and he only talks to you and does not listen to a word the patient has to say. He easily refers you to somone else. He always brags he made the clinic.... he should leave the clinic.

Submitted August 17, 2016

He is arrogant with a terrible bedside manner. Talked about me to my wife as though I wasn't in the room or as if I was deaf. He has effectively ensured that I won't be able to get follow-up care from any specialist. Prone to tantrums, he is a mean and petty little man.

Submitted July 18, 2016

we went for a visit to rule out some medical concerns for my child and he had a very poor bedside manner and was very rude, making significant comments in front of my child that could be detrimental to his health. He was rude and didn't give my son a fighting chance. he didn't do a proper assessment either.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

The last few years have been rough for me with trying to find out what is wrong with me. I finally found Dr Tarnopolsky and there is no other words to say other then I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have found him. Even though we haven't yet figured it out he is so determined to figure it out and I finally feel like there is hope. He is the most amazing Dr in the world and he has such passion for his work and it shows with everything he does!!! He listens and cares when you tell him something and gives hope when other Drs had me feeling like I would be better off dead. I thank god every day that I have him as my Dr!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

As an adult practitioner he is good. The kids are the ones that matter

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015