Ratings for Dr. H. Clark Deriso

I fell and broke my knee cap in half had surgery three days later went in for check up after surgery he didn't do anything but poke at my knee and put me in more pai n had to go back a week later to get the staples out his nurse was busy so he decided to rip them out his self and I mean rip then all he did was laugh and say does that hurt then he tells me to start getting in a hot bath and start bending my knee a little now how in the heck am I supposed to get in and out of a bath tub when I can't bend my leg here it is two months later and still can't bend my leg so I called to ask question about why I can't bend it yet and he told me he can't treat me over the phone and hung up on me every visit was very shitty never really did nothing other then tell me I need to excersize my leg and accused me of being lazy that I wasn't trying which is bull all I want to do is be able to walk and bend my knee and go back to work he is a joke don't recommend at all cause now I have to spend money I don't have because I can't work the way he left me and find a real doctor

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

After my husbands work injury, He didn't listen to anything, made assumptions, Never completed an actual evaluation of injury, After surgery, my husband has more problems than he did before Deriso did the surgery. Difficult to get records and getting paperwork for insurances from office, Terrible experience! Hoping a better orthopedic can fix what was done!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Was sent to Deriso for a bilateral Patellar tendon rupture. I was forewarned by co-workers that he was not a good doctor and numerous city employee's took action against him. He does not listen very well to the patient. I ended up having four knee surgeries, tho it should have only taken one. He kept botching the surgeries and gave bad advice. I finally got a lawyer. For those of you thinking about seeing him, dont.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I went to this doctor for a back related injury. He didnt even ask how I felt. Just because I didnt need a surgical procedure didnt mean I felt well enough to return that nite. He treats u like you are a bum on the street. Or an impatient person like he didn't feel like dealing with me.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Horrible doctor. He did not even introduce himself. Would not listen, and told me how I was feeling. what a joke for M.D.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Despite the fact that he was ontime, I was there on a work related injury to my wrist, and his idea of compassion was to smile as he used the needle to insert cortizone into my wrist joint without any numbing medication at all. He twisted the needle and withdrew and reinserted it several times. It felt like someone was cutting my wrist off and all he could do was smile and chuckle. I screamed and cried like a baby, the pain was so bad. I found this attitude completely unprofessional and without compassion for the pain I was feeling. If this is what a doctor does because his fees through worker's comp are lower, then he doesn't need to be accepting patients who use this program. I was due to return to his office a month later but did not go back, despite the pain I still feel now, 6 years later. Due to a fall this past year at another job through a manager's faulty neglect, I was given the option of seeing Dr. Deriso or another local one. Needless to say, I chose the local one.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. H. Clark Deriso's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1969)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal