Ratings for Dr. Philip J. Eckhoff

Dr. Eckhoff is very arrogant and does more talking about himself than he does ordering the right tests. He does not understand chronic pain and just give a so-so when reflexes are not responding to him testing them. When reflexes don't work then more tests need to be done and not ignored. When blood tests show raised inflammatory markers than tests need to be done to know the cause. He acts like if you don't have cancer, then you don't have anything to complain about. And he says fibromyalgia is nothing bad to deal with and neither is osteoarthritis. I would not recommend him to anyone. I guess I should have listened to others warning me about him and never went to him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

Dr. Eckhoff helped me when no other doctor knew what to do but give me more pain medicine. He explained everything in a way I understood, answered all my questions, took time for me, and is a very caring doctor. I have less pain and do everything he says to do.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2009

Dr Eckhoff was very carrying. I felt that he truly cared about finding a answer. The interesting thing is that my own family doctor was the one that prescribed that pain relieving medicine. I got the official diagnosis from Dr. Eckhoff, but the medicine came from a FP.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

Dr. Eckhoff is very knowledgeable. Did take the time to explain my diagnosis of RA. He explained what medication he was presribing and why it was the one he wanted me to take. If I did not get relief he looked into other medications until he found the one that worked on me. He is usually behind in his appointments but that is because he TAKES TIME with each individual patient. his exam is very complete. Very nice man.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

He is very knowledgable and very helpful with my chronic pain condition. He always takes the time to listen and asks questions prior to offering his support and suggestions. I would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Eckhoff to verify my fibromyalgia diagnosis. He was very helpful and provided extra educational materials explaining the disease and treatment options.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

I think he over charges for services rendered. Doesn't explain things very well. If you are in pain, you're in pain and you want some releif, but he seems to not care or try to offer solutions. Listens but not really understands. Pill pusher for sure.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Philip J. Eckhoff's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sioux Falls, SD