Rate Dr. David B. Rosenfeld

Dr. David B. Rosenfeld's Ratings

I first had laser surgery for 3 hemorrhoids and felt better for a few months, and then a few years later a total hemorrhoidectomy for one stubborn hemorrhoid that had returned, and wish now I hadn't waited so long. Don't use any other proctologist for surgery to this sensitive area, as Dr. Rosenfeld is very calming and informative and an excellent doctor. He rocks, and has a good sense of humor about "butt issues." It is true he doesn't take insurance now, but I was able to get a waiver from my insurance company (proctologists are not common in this area) and he quoted me the fees up front--just be sure to ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2015

The reason I’ve chosen to share my experience about Dr. Rosenfeld is easy. He changed my life and I thought others could benefit from my story. 1 year ago I had the Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Artery Ligation or DGHAL performed by Dr. Rosenfeld. After 27 years of living with hemorrhoids I came to a point in my life; after trying everything that I was ready to seriously consider a surgery or like procedure. I live in Canada and after researching my options I began consulting with local surgeons. In Canada there are very few surgeons who specialize in DGHAL and the few I consulted left me feeling very uneasy about the procedure and uniformed. I extended my research and began looking in the United States for surgeons that have extensive experience with DGHAL. It didn’t take me long to discover Dr. Rosenfeld and to hear about his great bedside manner and unique approach. I say unique because from first day I phoned Dr. Rosenfeld to the post operation follow ups, my experience was phenomenal. He took the time to learn about my condition, educated me on his approach, his experience and exactly what kind of road was ahead of me in terms of pain management, time frames and expectations. He is extremely detailed, informative and is a fantastic listener. He genuinely cares and made me feel very reassured during a time in my life that was very challenging. To put things in perspective; Dr. Rosenfeld characterized my hemorrhoids as being in his top three largest ever seen. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to hear but to say that my case was advanced would be putting it lightly. That being said, from the day I flew in from Canada to the months after I returned home, he remained in contact with me and was available to answer my questions, offer support and advice. As mentioned I had the procedure performed by Dr. Rosenfeld 1 year ago and looking back it has absolutely changed my life for the better. I no longer have hemorrhoids and I’m so happy. Dr. Rosenfeld is great guy, funny, professional, dedicate, passionate about his life, career and his patients. My flight was only 5 hours but knowing what I do now I would have traveled the world to find him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2836672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I had a severe and complicated problem and Dr. Rosenfeld and his staff put me at ease, always called me back or saw me promptly, and best of all, HEALED me! They are awesome. Absolutely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr. Rosenfeld was knowledgeable, professional and made me feel very comfortable in an otherwise awkward office visit. His office staff stayed with me after the procedure to make sure I was ok. His office is comfortable, and he takes his time with you. The room I was in had its own bathroom, so it was convenient. He is non-plan on insurance, so you will have to pay up front first, and have your insurance pay YOU back. But, I am ok with that. He was worth the money, because I went into the office exceptionally uncomfortable and left the office 3 pounds lighter and feeling great! I will definitely go to him for my colonoscopy - I totally trust him. I wish we had more doctors like him in Simi Valley. I didn't even know that he was a "celebrity" when I scheduled the appointment. He has been a guest on "The Doctors" many times. Go to his website. I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

Had a procedure done I healed very well the doctor makes his follow up call the next day I am very glad I came to Dr Rosenfeld very satisfied with his staff and his professionalism give them a call they will answer any questions u may have :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

They like to charge your cards without verbal authorization whenever they feel like it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I am 45 years old with a family history of colon cancer. During my first visit to Dr. Rosenfeld’s office, he conducted a thorough examination. I did not feel any pain and I never felt embarrassed. He and his office staff provided me with valuable information about healthy living as well as the upcoming colonoscopy he determined I needed. Just like the staff at his office, the team Dr. Rosenfeld works with at the surgical center is top notch. Everyone involved was sensitive to the nature of the procedure I was going to have and made me as comfortable as possible. After the procedure, the results and follow-up needed were clearly outlined and I was told to call anytime with questions or concerns I had before I saw Dr. Rosenfeld in the office for another check-up. When choosing your proctologist, choose Dr. David Rosenfeld MD in Simi Valley, CA. You’ll be happy you did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2110727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

great doctor who knows his stuff. If you haven't had success with other doctors in this field, go to Dr. Rosenfeld. He is wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2110726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2011

Brought my 14 year old for chronic stomach ailment issues. Dr. Rosenfeld was superb! Totally put her at ease and answered all our questions honestly and with compassion. Also, my husband, who is highly wary of doctors walked away very impressed by Dr. Rosenfeld (a rare compliment). Also, his office staff and nurse seems efficient and nice. All-in-all, a very pleasant experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2110725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

David Rosenfeld is a colo-rectal surgeon in the GI field. I was extremely impressed with him. He's very kind, knowledgable, gentle, communicative and made me feel very comfortable with what I came in for and explained everything to me very thoroughly. His staff is excellent as well and make you feel comfortable when you come in. This is a very busy practice with two other doctors, Thomas Sokol, MD & Beth Moore. They treat very complicated cases as well as more common things in the colo-rectal field. My surggestion is if you require surgery, do go to Specialty Surgery Center as the care their is far more personalized, efficent, and the staff is much better and consistent that Cedars' outpatient surgery center, and outpatient surgery in the main hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2110724].votes_count ]]