Dr. David B. Rosenfeld's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
As a proctologist, Dr. Rosenfeld’s goal is to offer excellent care in the field of proctology and colonoscopy. He and his staff are committed to providing a warm, caring and compassionate environment for the patient. Those seeking a proctologist are typically in pain, frightened and embarrassed about their condition. It is important for the patient to feel comfortable in order to facilitate a discussion of his/her problems which maximizes the doctor’s ability to give the best care possible. Dr. Rosenfeld’s goal is to offer up to date medical treatment with a 1950′s bedside manner. Although my training in surgery and my subspecialty of proctology was based on Western Medicine philosophy, my practice approach includes a holistic ideology as well. All patients are different, therefore the one size fits mentality is not the way to practice medicine. I firmly believe in natural and conservative therapies for healing and reserve surgery for times when it becomes the best option or is the only option. I begin therapy, when appropriate, with all natural products to improve colorectal and anorectal health. These products include unadulterated PERFECT P.O.O.P. psyllium based fiber, natural plant based (bioflavonoid) antioxidants to shrink hemorrhoids, probiotics, prebiotics with other natural ingredients like L-Glutamine and Aloe Vera extract for improving intestinal health and encourage more water intake. Prior to determining if hemorrhoid surgery is necessary I can painlessly treat internal hemorrhoids in the office as the first line of therapy. For the majority of patients therapy along with all natural supplements work very well to avert surgery for the issue. When surgery or a procedure such as a colonoscopy is necessary, I use the latest proven technology along with the newest proven methods available. The best way to offer effective, caring and nurturing health care is to listen to the patients, make a diagnosis and, when appropriate, use both a holistic practice in conjunction the Western practices of Medicine. Both philosophies have their advantages and when used together can be more effective than done individually.
- Wayne State University (Grad. 1992)
- University of Michigan (Grad. 1988)
Areas of Expertise
- Anal itching
- Anal cancer
- Anal fissure
- Pilonidal cyst
Awards & Recognitions
- Most Compassionate Doctor 2012 Vitals.com
- Patients' Choice Award 2011 Vitals.com
- Top Doctor 2014 Vitals.com
- Patients' Choice Award 2012 Vitals.com
- Patients' Choice Award 2013
Publications & Research
- Intraopoerative High Resolution Anoscopy (HRA): A new Surgical Approach in the Treatment of Paitens with Bowen's Disease and results in a private practice setting."
- Laparoscopic Removal of an Intrauterine Device Perforating the Sigmoid Colon: A case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Modern Management of Cancer of the Rectum: Chapter 9: Laparoscopic Resections for Large Bowel Malignancy: Laparoscopic Colectomy. Modern Management of Cancer of the Rectum.