Ratings for Dr. Howard S. Weiss

Stay away. He gets you hooked on drugs and then won't help or call you back unless $$$$$$. Very rude. Is not helpful. Dangerous.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I have always had a great experience with Dr. Weiss. He has always taken the time to listen to my concerns. He goes out of his way to answer patients calls and although he does charge more than most dr's, he has been the best I have found! He doesn't take my insurance but I choose to pay out of pocket because I think his services are worth it.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

dr weiss is amazing hes done everything possible to figure out my mental state depression and anxiety. We tried many different options and tha. We found out what works for me and ever since then my life has changed so much for the better literally a life changer. Great doc i love seeing him when i go to his office he is very very professional

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I called this doctor for help. According to his website, he treats adults and kids, is reachable 24/7, will even make house calls... I ended up leaving a message and he returned my call within minutes. He asked me what was going on... then he interrupted me, told me not to waste my time, he won't take insurance, and he is very expensive., as if I couldn't afford him. He then interjected that he doesn't take insurance before I could say anything else. I asked what his rate is and his response was $850 for initial visit, $650 for subsequent visits. Which I could afford... but this guy was such a cocky, elitist A**hole... why would I? This guy need to have his MD License revoked.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

This doctor is dangerous. He does nothing but hand out prescriptions that he holds hostage for $$$$$. I'm not sure what kind of accounting system he has, but I would not be surprised if he doesn't have one. I saw him for a year and became so wary and frustrated that I switched. He is essentially a drug dealer.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Called to set up an appointment for my dad who is in distress with his bipolar and the medications he is taking. Dr Weiss did return my call promptly, however said he does not deal with insurance and that the initial consultation would be $850.00. Add'l visits after the initial consultation would around $350.00 and he only see patients 2 times a year. Very dissatisfied concerned family member. His does not fit the profile he is claiming on his website. I hope to have better luck with another psychiatrist who can and will help my father.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

This man should have his license taken away. I've never had a doctor who works like this. You call him and he might fit you in or he might tell you to call him tomorrow to see if he can fit you in right then. No appointments, no accountability. And I don't know what sort of bookkeeping he does, but the amount I pay him changes everytime and is never based in reality. I finally found a better doc.

Submitted June 16, 2014

Very rude on the phone ...I called initially he said he took new patients and definitely my insurance. Upon listening to my story I guess upon realizing how strong I am as a patient that will stand my ground as I am very specific about my condition and finding the right doctor...he then quickly changed his tone and suddenly gives me this story that his secretary suddenly slipped him a note indicating that he no longer accepts my insurance...what??? Within 3minutes of a phone conversation? What a joke! It is very clear that he made that decision and changed his tune based off of something I said. Very telling to me of what kind of doctor he is. Definitely not a good fit thank you for cutting your losses off the bat and showing your true and very insincere colors! Very cut throat, ruthless, very New York ...If that is the kind of psychiatrist and treatment you want ..then this is the doctor for you !!! I however felt shunned and thars just on the phone!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I feel Dr. Weiss is a very knowledgable man. Take the time to read his articles that he's posted on his site. Almost all my life I've dealt with one mental health professional to another. As an adult I started researching myself diagnoses through books, internet, etc. I've tried numerous medications that failed to aid in my routine of a better quality of life for myself. Through possitive thinking, balancing my activities, embracing family, faith in , aquiring a support system my life is better than ever. I only needed to seek the right combination of medication that would only aid as a tool in my dayly walk of life. He's obviously a man who knows his stuff. Very direct and no B.S. Gave me the respect of an adult. Not the experience I've had with numerous others. I don't know how he does it but he manages his own practice. Always answers his phone! I feel safe that if I have a extreme need to talk to a professional that he'll be their.Those that seek knowledge and experince call him

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

I called this Dr. & he was out of town so told me to call back. I called back a few days later & told him I wanted to make an appointment for myself and my daughter. He right away asked about insurance & said he did take my insurance. He kept asking about my deductible and I informed him what my co-pay was. He said he didn't take credit cards. I told him we had a Flex Card (it's a card that takes money from an account set up ONLY for medical needs.) He raised his voice & got impatient, telling me again that he didn't take credit cards. I told him that because my daughter has "special needs" that Medicaid also covered her fees. I tried again to explain what a "Flex Card" was and he cut me off saying he only takes cash . I told him that I was fine with paying cash because he has a very flexible schedule which is rare. He interrupted me again to tell me to just find someone else. Once he heard the word, "Medicaid," his attitude changed. I again said I'd pay cash & he hung up on me! RUDE!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014