Ratings for Dr. Frank Gigone

I agree with other patients on this site that talked of problems with Dr. Gigone and his staff and have noticed a definite change in his practice and behavior over the past few years. It seems to me that there has been a change in recent years. I am not sure if this is a personal issue or a professional issue or if it is related to the recent sale of the River Oaks Dental Practice to a large dental corporation which owns and runs dental practices. I don't believe the dentists at River Oaks shared this information with their patients. I question how such a change in status of the dentists affects their treatment of patients. It appears that Dr. Gigone no longer seems to demonstrate the same level of professional courtesy and respect he once showed to his patients nor the level of patience in discussing questions and problems. He has always been outgoing, amusing and even loud, but now patients may perceive him as arrogant, bombastic and aggressive. One might interpret such behavior as confrontational, and rude. An important question to many patients might be if their underlying medical/health issues and how this relates to their dental treatment are being considered. I agree with the other patients on this site, who have written that they seem to have noticed a change in behavior, service and treatment of patients. Fortunately I have found a new younger dentist who provides the level of service Dr. Gigone used to provide, who returns calls promptly, who genuinely listens to problems and who shows an interest in the practice of dentistry and his patients..

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Gigone was very RUDE, AGRESSIVE and Rough with my 8 year old son. He yelled and was so mean to him. My son was a scared and crying that he didn't want to contine with the hygenist. He was not mean or rude to her, just crying out of pure fear. Dr.Gigone came in and was horrible I was scared with how hard he was using the tools in my son's mouth. I would not reccomend this doctor to anyone. I don't ever make reviews but this one is important.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I am so annoyed with that place. Just got off the phone with Anne his receptionist who's been frustrating to deal with since day one. My kids and i are covered through my insurance plan and in there every other month max for some type of cleaning or dental work. She originally "insisted" she would submit my claim and i could make the payment following visit. Yet she had the nerve to charge me interest when I can in less than 6 weeks later. Today she wanted to charge me to reschedule an appointment after just missing the 48 hour cut off. Horrific service! I've been going there for years because it's around the corner from home but that's it...happy to spend my morning shopping for another dentist.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. used to to empathetic, but changed and does not listen to his patients when they have a medical problem that can affect the care and treatment. I was very upset, as I had been there for years and found myself upset and crying never to want to return.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Gigone and his secretary are very polite and helpful they go above and beyond. They will always take the time to fit you in and listen to all your conerns. The other staff that work for him are also extremly polite and willing to give you support.I would highly recommened anyone to go to Dr. Gigone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Had problems with a bridge some other dentist put in a couple of years ago. Dr. G. saw me on an emergency basis and was so attentive. Replacing a bridge would be good for his pocket and cost me huge since I can have a bridge replaced only every 5 years. He sent me to a specialist to save the bridge and roots. He was recommended to me and I am very content with his confidence and ability to refer me to specialists to deal with my dental complexities quickly and effectively. He's a problem solver and a compassionate professional.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr Gigone has been our dentist for over 20 years. He is wonderful. He has always made room for us if there is an emergency and my kids have grown up never fearing the dentist as he has always been wonderful with kids and teens! We no longer live in Oakville and drive 90 minutes to get to his office 0 he's worth the drive.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Very arrogant and full of himself. Needs to be more empathetic to teens especially; and we were with him for YEARS.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. G is an outstanding Dentist. I highly recommend him. He is professional and takes his job serious and makes you feel like you are being looked after. They have T.V.'s on the ceiling so you can relax and watch while your teeh are being worked on. I hate going to the dentist - but he makes my experience as comfortable as possible. I'm lucky to have him as my dentist.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Frank Gigone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients