Ratings for Dr. John F. Hall

I've had 2 discectomy surgeries with dr hall. The first surgery was helpful and gave me relief but the second surgery left me even worse. The MRI I received 6 weeks after surgery showed herniations that were missed in the surgery and fresh herniations that weren't on my previous MRI. I had a great experience with all of the hospital staff. They were stellar. I liked dr hall. He is professional, experienced, and conservative in his treatment plans but his office and staff are terrible. Savanna his scheduler was impossible to get a hold of and was incredibly rude each time we spoke. She's the one with her hair cut like a boy. I live 3 hours away and they required me to come in for a "pre-surgery appt". I had already completed all of my blood work where I lived and I insisted I prefer not to come in just so they can bill my insurance 1 more time before surgery. I gave in and showed up. They put in me in a patient room and took my blood pressure and for 90 min I waited while they tried to locate the pre-surgery blood work they had misplaced. We had to send another request for it to be faxed again and once they received it they told me that was it. I drove for 7 hours and sat in a room for another 2 just so they can bill me for 1 more appt. Anyways... Savanna is horrible person and my 2nd surgery didn't help but made me worse so I'm moving on to another surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

First consultation was very good and informative. When calling back to schedule date for surgery no response was received and was not possible to get a call thru to his office or scheduling person-Savannah.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I was a patient of Doctor Hall's for over 4 years, unfortunatly for me at the time I was on AHCCCS and I never felt that I was treated like I was any sort of priority or that he could even care less,I do understand that there are restrictions that limit doctors to how much they are allowed to do under AHCCCS, but Doctor Hall told me that I had a serious degenerative condition that required full disk replacement, then when I switched to Blue Cross/Blue Shield he completly forgot our paln to opearatem barked at me to "go back to physical therapy" (visit prior to that, he told me NEVER go back to physical therapy again) He is a reputible surgeon, however I felt he had to many patients, or was overbooked and it seemed he got me mixed up with other patients. Also, his overall bedside manner is poor, and I found him to be "cocky, staff is slow to get back to you, and they send you for injections with no pain killers, I wouldnet recommend Doctor Hall to anyone I KNOW

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Staff was staff at Flagstaff Medical Center I had no contact with his office staff. On 14 Sept 2012, I was air lifted to Dr Hall's OR from Horn Creek Rapid bottom of Grand Canyon National Park. I was basically unconscious. Broken tibia, broken femur required rod, pelvic broken in 3 places, hemotomia stomach, 12 fractured ribs, T8 and T9 crushed. Dr Hall put me back together. The work done on femur and cage on T7 - T10 was reviewed back here in Tulsa OK and rated as the best repair work they had seen. Dr Hall checked on me and talked all the time to my wife and daughter when they arrived. To me he is a miracle man. I am back together and kayaking again. Flagstaff Memorial and the lodging they offer family is a great place for patients and family. If I need any more surgery I will travel to Flagstaff and get Dr. Hall to work on me. I came into Dr Hall and Flagstaff Medical totally out of it, they saved my life and put me back together after horrific damage done to my body.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Dr Hall is also an Air Force Flight surgeon. I’m an Army pilot who came back from two deployments with back problems. Dr Hall initially saw me in a military status, he was under no obligation, to see me or to offer to help. Though he could not perform the surgery in his Flagstaff office, he helped me coordinate to have the surgery performed at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego. He drove to San Diego to perform the two level disk replacement with the Navy surgeons. After the surgery I found out he was not compensated for his time or his drive and stay. I am forever in debt to Dr Hall for returning me to my active life. He has my deepest gratitude and admiration. It’s been six months since my surgery and I have never felt better. I am 35 now and am able to have a normal active life. Before the surgery I had no hope of continuing my career as a pilot and was constantly in pain. Now I am running, working out, diving, riding horses, doing yoga and look forward to flying again.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

After 30+ years of back pain, Dr. Hall performed a disc replacement and I feel 30+ years younger. Extremely knowledgable and confident in his profession. For you people who complain about timeliness, good doctors are in high demand, so we have to wait. Dr. Hall discussed my operation with my wife and I until 7PM at night until, we fully understood the proceedure, risks, and benefits. It was 100% successful!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

His medical assistant is very slow to get back to you. The doctor has never taken me on time, I have always had to wait at least an hour to see him, usually much longer.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Dr. Hall is accommodating very polite and shows compassion, we find him extremely through and knowledgeable. The staff has been very kind and has gone out of their way to be helpful. I was very fortunate that he accepted my workers comp case since he does not usually work with W.C. (way to much paper work) I am waiting on back surgery and have complete faith in Dr. Hall’s competency.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Excellent surgeon, poor business management. Staff is dismissive and unhelpful. Problems with insurance billing. Problems with follow-up calls. Repeated messages left with staff result in no call back from Doctor. He does say he will take care of everything, but perhaps his patient load is too high to allow proper management of his staff. If you can get through the staff, he is a decent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

This is a Doctor that fit us in for our money, then we never saw him again, until I pinned him to a deadline after not getting a callback for 5 days. He is only in his office 2 out of five days. After we called and wanted definite timelines on when we would hear our next "plan" for my wife's herniated discs his receptionists told us various lines such as "your supposed to hurt" or they couldn't answer our questions. My wife is a 14 year RT/RN and I have worked in the medical feild and will recieve accreditation for my RT degree soon. This Dr.Hall has way too many patients and dosen't seem to mind. After I was assertive and asked for a deadline on our next "plan" his little helper Savanna said "One hour". After 2 hours, I called and said he would help and to come in. When I arrived he tried to corner me in a room and "BULLY" me for hurting his staff's feelings. He couldn't call back but he could trick me me into a Bully attempt. An ego driven caregiver,no thank you.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. John F. Hall's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Flagstaff, AZ