Ratings for Dr. Deborah Z. Bain

Sadly, we had to leave Dr. Bain's practice after a very long time of trying to work with her. We started seeing her because of her philosophy of care. We preferred the more natural route she took and the holistic approach she used. When we first became patients in her practice, I couldn't say enough good about her. She was kind, attentive, thoughtful, and really listened to parents. However, something changed in her, which lead to a massive change in her practice. She started to ignore parents, blow them off, and even say rude things about their questions. She ignored serious medical issues with our kids. She refused to refer us to anyone that might give a second look at what our kids were presenting with telling us there was nothing wrong with our children. In actuality, there were many, many things wrong and every time we self-referred, the specialists said we made the right decision and found what the issues were so they could either fix or begin treatment. I never heard one word from her after she received their reports about continuing care through her, her being interested in what was going on with them, or her input. She completely swept the incidences under the rug like they never happened. She flat out told me our questions weren't important and she wouldn't take the time to answer them even though she knowingly took us on at patients knowing we had children with special needs. She physically removed my son's medical food from him once stating he might spill it (it was in a closed container and she allows breast and bottle feeding in her office). She wouldn't let him drink it (his only source of nutrition and she wrote his prescriptions for it) in her office. This was medical food, not juice or candy. We left and found another holistic doctor who actually listens, cares, understands what he is seeing, refers when it's necessary, and is exactly what a pediatrician should be.

Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr Bain is an amazing and compassionate caregiver. I have never felt like she was talking down to me. For the first time I feel like she's a partner in caring for my kids health. She goes above and beyond the call of duty. After breaking my ankle she encouraged me to see a Naturopath to ensure I wasn't having calcium absorbing issues due to the nature of my break. She wen above and beyond when my son was born with a broke arm due to a traumatic birth. Her office staff can be a bit flaky, and sometimes aren't prompt about returning calls. I'm willing to deal with it because I can't imagine taking my kids anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Well, I had have some issues with my pediatrition and after reseach moved to Dr Bain. So many moms was so happy with her that I was ready to travel 25 miles to see her (I live in Grapevine). After being her patient for an year with 3 kids, i cant say I'm very happy with her. I think she has so many patients now that she just simply doesn't have time for them. There were times i felt like beeing rushed out, especialy at check ups. I had sleep concerns with my son, as well as concerns about him being ADHD, none of them was really heard (isn't it an ADHD her specialty?). And yes, i have an issue with dry cough, that comes and goes, espetially after kids being active for a few months now . We are on treatment (after few visits and buzzering office by phone), but i don't feel like we've been diagnosed with something, all answers are "maybe" and "it possible". Not very saticfying... what i like about this doctor is open mind for a different treatments, like holistic, and vaccine frendly.

Submitted August 2, 2010

Dr Bain is a great docotr and I would highly recomend her very knowledable, helpful and really treats your child as a person.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. Deborah Z. Bain's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1993)