Ratings for Dr. James R. Bean

Love Dr. Bean. He gave me my life back. Tool the time to answer all my questions and address my fears. Came to see me after church on Sunday, which a lot of won't do.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

extraordinary doctor. knowledgeable, understanding, kind, reassuring, capable surgeon

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

He simply "states the facts." No explanation. In order to find out anything more you must play 20 questions, while he very "flippantly" responds. I waited over an hour for him, then it seemed his mind was elsewhere (lunch, perhaps?) than on me. I won't be back.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr Bean performed my lumbar microdiscectomy in 2012. I had seen an orthopedic surgeon for a few months prior to Dr Bean as I attempted physical therapy and epidural steroid injections I knew surgery was the only option left but was not ready to proceed with the orthopedic surgeon. I heard Dr Bean and Dr Brooks were excellent diagnosticians and surgeons. I made an appt with Dr Bean and we reviewed my history together. He took the time to address all my concerns about surgery. When I went into surgery I felt confident it was the right thing to do. The surgery went well with no complications. It is nearly 2015 and I am still pain free.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Bean performed my Lumbar Surgery on 04/02/2014. The surgery went well. I would like to compliment him and his staff for their professionalism, courtesy, and kindness to me and my wife. It has been a week and my life so far has seen a great improvement with less pain and ease of mobility thus far. Hopefully it will continue to be so. I have mentioned DR. Bean to my friends, family and other social contacts with a most favorable rating. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Doctor Bean is the best Surgeon that I would suggest. He is kind, courtious and very knowledgable, efficient and identifies with patients. He is first rate in the two time I have seen him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I was suffering with back pain for a few months and seeing my family M.D. who would not prescribe the needed dosage amounts of lortab to control my pain. Upon seeing Dr. Bean for my consult he wrote a prescription and scheduled my surgery date. His office sent detailed information prior to surgery including directions to hospital and directions for in the hospital. Surgery was scheduled for 9:00 a.m., began at 10:10 a.m., lasted 45min., and I was on my way home 2hrs. later. 14 months prior I had prostate surgery and was nervous about my past experience with anesthesia due to being reintubated and staying longer. Dr. Bean and his staff were sensitive to my fears and assured me that they would be on top of it. They were.I was awake within minutes after surgery. I am now 9 days post op and I only regret not pursuing this surgery sooner. My brother and neice also have had success stories with Dr. Bean. Staff and Central Baptist get a 5 star rating from me.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

Good Doctor- however he just got himself involved in slandering a patient. Please be careful as his physician's assistant started the slander and he went along with it! Not what you would expect of someone of his caliber. Office staff not as friendly as they could be- they could all use sensitivity training. As long as your business there does not involve pain medication- you will be treated better. Otherwise you are just an addict and not worthy of respect or consideration.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN. WE ARE PRIVILEGED TO HAVE HIM IN THIS CITY.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. James R. Bean's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Kaiser-Permanente