Ratings for Dr. Wey-Jong Hsiao

I first went to this doctor as a kid because he was my parents' doctor. When I had acne in high school, I tried creams and antibiotics and none of them worked. I asked him for a dermatologist referral but he refused telling me to keep away from oily foods. My acne led to depression, and finally I went to the UBC student clinic after graduating high school and managed to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist recommended Accutane and I have been more or less free of acne for the past 5 years. Another issue was my hair loss. He denied that I was losing my hair. So again I went to the same dermatologist that I was referred to by UBC and I started taking finasteride which has completely restored much of my hair. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

When suffering extreme back pain this dr. would not send me for a cat scan Was told to continue t3s and to get more proactive. Went to Burnaby General and found out I actually had spinal stenosis

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

This doctor has the worst attitude. It's all about the money for him. He won't give a prescription past 3 months even though I've been on the meds for over 15 years, and they are not opiates or pain meds. I went back to see him after being away for over 1.5 yrs. he demanded that I owed him $40 but couldn't tell me when or what it was for but I had no recollection. He stood in the reception area and yelled at me and wouldn't even let me speak. He was previously charged years ago for selling prescriptions over the internet. They should have taken away his licence. He barely listens and never believes what your telling him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very poor attitude, only one problem/question allowed per visit, seriously? My friend went to have stitches removed, and came back with still parts unremoved. Had to diy to take them out. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I had acne back in high school, and when I asked to see a dermatologist, he would always brush it off. Saying something like "it's not that severe" to me while I have to suffer through having six zits on my face at the same time. I have a lot of acne scars on my back because of it. My mom visited him about problems with her ankle, he told my mom that she is whiny. My dad wanted a specialist for his back pain(sometimes my dad can't even stand up), he told my dad that he is wasting the resource(of what?). I told him the concerns of my skin, he simply replied "it's genetics, you will never have good skin, that is the way your skin is". Moral of the story: do not go unless you want unprofessional advice. Also he doesn't like to give out referrals to specialist. He was very reluctant when I asked for a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

He is not as bad as other reviews. I speak Mandarin, so he is helpful for me. Normally, I can make the reservation on the same day.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

He has no doctor professions at all ! I read all comments . Everyone has the same poor experience. He needs to be fired !

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Read the rest of the people and their comments here, not surprisingly you will see a pattern. Terrible doctor, my last visit was the worst I've had yet. The only bright side was my last visit wait was only 10 minutes but I saw him take 3 separate visits in that time - not surprising my visit was just as brief, barely answers questions and if you ask two questions he says to make another appointment - one question one appointment. On the bright side he doesn't kick you out of the appointment just stands near and door and opens it so you know your couple minutes are up. Definitely condescending during the visit and I literally left speechless, and frankly wonder how this man is still allowed to practice. I'd rather visit a clinic then go back to this poor excuse of a medical professional.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. Always rush, even I am the only patient in his clinic. He always explain the sympton with common sense. I can't see any profession from him. Stay this doctor away is only my suggestion.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Lousy Doctor, always say the sympton is ok and it will go away, and it turn out to be worse, always want to to come back and rebook an appointment, always in rush, ALWAYS, stay away from this doctor, u are not getting much from him anyways, save time and gas

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015