Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Workman

Been waiting for a week for telephone appointment with Dr Workman never called for scheduled appointment and office refused to make in person appointment been in pain with kidney stone and keep saying to take pain meds which I don't like to take or get addicted to and I need to drive to my own business which with taking Norco I unable to. Delay in care and suffering from pain. Need another urologist or hospital

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Last december I took my wife home from kaiser roseville med center after a kidney stone surgery. dr Workman performed urethral stent surgery to release pressure on her kidney's. The next morning ater I called 911 she was admitted to the ICU with severe sepsis and ARDS, she died 5.5 weeks later. Nothing happened from the time I took her home to the time of her admittance to the ICU the next morning 17 hours later that would have caused this catastrophe. It appears that she was released by dr Workman with sepsis.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

Will explain things but does not like to be questioned on too many things. Invariably very late on appointments. Take the earliest one you can get. Kind of a nerdy guy. Not real good in surgery and will not correct mistakes. Watch out for his low key demeanor, it can be deceiving. When you acquiesce to surgery at Kaiser their pre operation forms say they can have internist performing the work under the doc’s supervision. Be reminded that you can turn it down and you should. Just tell the person that checks you in that you do not accept any person other than the surgeon. They will modify the document. They will try to get to you to sign an electronic form. Have it changed. His physicians assistant, June Falkenthal, will lie and cheat on your records. She is rude and brash. You can also tell them that you refuse to see her. She has quite a bad history there some staff support that. Get a complete history or your office visits from Kaiser from the freedom of information act.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr. Workman treated me terribly. I have never felt so helpless, when needing to rely on someone so much. He lied to me constantly and made tons of false promises! He continuously ignored my questions and blew me off, even while I was in the office with him. I would strongly suggest not seeing him. He told me that if I didn't go along with the procedure he wanted me to, I needed to find another doctor. I told him that I was pregnant and that I was concerned. He congratulated me and said it would be fine to go along with the surgery. I wrote him an email saying that I was really worried. He called me and asked me why (at almost 10 p.m.!!) and I told him it was because I was afraid of miscarrying. He said that he didn't know I was pregnant!? He always did this to me. I changed doctors and my stress levels decreased immensely.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Most unpunctual for appointment times that I have seen. It's difficult to understand, he is very unwilling to spend much time explaining surgery or why it's needed. He is bent on surgery, even if there are, proven medical alternatives, acceptable by Kaiser. Kaiser is down on surgery, as the economy has effected them, too. He would not answer written questioned fielded by this writer, regarding other staff doctors that perform laparoscopic surgery. He is very evasive on giving complete answers. His notes in my medical records contain lies and many inaccurate comments. He give just enough to make me feel like he has completed his task of minimally answering questions. Be careful of his easy going temperament as it can be a ploy to deceive you. Go home with all Kaiser documents, read them carefully, with a legal person, if you have one, before signing. HMO's and their doctors do not have your best interest in mind. They and the medical staff are there to make money.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Steven J. Workman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1982)