Ratings for Dr. Iven S. Young

It was many years ago but he was just simply the best; I had very good insurance and got to him via referrals from very excellent doctors as well. What I wouldn't give to find someone like him now, although it couldn't be money.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

My primary care doctor sent me to Dr. Young for a second opinion because he was supposedly an "expert" in treating Thyroid Disease. During the visit, he spent a lot of time jotting down all of the information that I was giving him. Then he proceeded to draw my blood, measured my blood pressure, (yes, he did all that himself) touching and feeling my neck. All these time, he carried with him a very stern look on his face. Then unexpectedly, he asked me to drop my pant so he could exam my genital. I am a good looking guy in my early 40's, there I was, thinking "what in the world does my genital has to do with my Thyroid". I told myself "what the heck! he's just an old man". After looking and touching "it" for what seemed like an eternity, he SMILE. I was told to come back in a couple of days after my blood test report came back. He charged an astonish $400 for the visit, paid in cash because I had no insurance at the time. Needless to say, I never went back. No prescription either.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr. Young is very old-school. I went to him because he was a highly rated doctor in NY Magazine and I needed a thyroid specialist. He refuses to send you for ultrasounds and insists on tracing nodules on a piece of paper and compares them year over year. This suggests he may not be up to speed on the latest developments in thyroid medicine. He will not test medications for thyroid patients looking for a little extra help in figuring out their thyroid condition. I would suggest looking elsewhere for a thyroid endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

I have been seeing him for years and he does not do basic tests just exotic ones now he tells me I may have a condition I'm looking for a new md

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

I went for a second opinion quite a while back. I paid cash for it and got "bupkis" .... nothing....I couldn't believe how cold he was and how he seemed not to want to take on another patient. He added nothing to what I already knew.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Iven S. Young's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1959)