Ratings for Dr. Joseph Zadra

Explains everything to you and is very helpful.. Listened and answered all my questions felt very confident with him. I even asked for a med change when I found that pain killer wouldn't work for me he changed right away without any issues. I would definitely recommend him to others. I seen a few negative reviews, however never had any issues. Dr. Zadra is excellent

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Like everyone else has said, he is an arrogant A**, and his secretary is no better. My 10m old son was referred to Zadra to look at his undescended t*sticle, which descended on its own by the time he had the appointment. A quick check up turned into days of agony for my son after Zadra held my son down and pulled his fore skin back without my consent to check under the skin. He didn't tell me what he was doing, and when my son screamed out in pain I had to tell him to stop. My son was inconsolable for days and there was an obvious tear in his fore skin that made him cry whenever he urinated or had to be wiped. I filed a complaint with this doctor for injuring my son when he should never have touched his pe nis. He was arrogant enough to fight the complaint saying he didn't know he did not have consent and it's in his job title to do such things, and that I was lying about my son ever crying or having to be told to stop. AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I have been to two appointments with this Dr. for a Bladder Sling & each time he has been professional & courteous.... my surgery is in a few days, if all goes well you will hear nothing further. I have complete confidence in this Dr. He was very pleasant to speak with as well.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I saw Dr.Zadra for the first time because of the referral from my family doctor. I found him pleasant and cordial. He explained me clearly the possible reasons for my problem. I am really surprised by the negative comments posted here .

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

My friend referred me to Dr Zadra for my sons circumcision, because she was very pleased with him when he circumcised her son. I'm so happy we did. Dr Zadra is very thorough and nice. He explained everything in detail to us. While he was doing the procedure he noticed my son has hydrocele. Something that has gone un noticed so far. Thanks to Dr Zadra taking the time my son is receiving the proper health care he needs.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

One of the worst doctors I have had to deal with. Never listened to me as a patient. Often rolled his eyes at me or laughed. I have been having trouble with kidney stones and he wasn't able to help me at all and miss diagnosed me. I felt like a dollar sign to him. Anyways when I needed surgery a year later because he didn't know enough to help me, he wasn't able to be around for me so they called dr. foell. I asked for her to be switched to my urologist because I got further with her in 5 minutes than i did with Zadra after a year. I couldn't be more pleased with her as my urologist now. Such a big difference. She listens and knows what I am talking about. She diagnosed me properly and after all she has done for me, I feel much better. Please find someone else if you are considering Dr. Zadra as your urologist.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Avoid this doctor at all costs. Thinks he's the final say as if he's god and doesn't care what you think or feel - or your concerns.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I had surgery on my bladder a few years ago and from the moment we met this guy was one pompous a?? He was very arrogant to me and often made me feel like an idiot when I asked him questions. I let him perform surgery and I was in pain for days, he did not prescribe any pain meds, the stint that he left in was agonizing and he told me I was ok to go to work the next day. He also made me wait for hours in the recovery room to be discharged while others left. I would not let him perform any surgery on me even if he was the last MD standing. Its true what they say, little men have complexes.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Like it says at the top of this page : there are 8 urologists in Barrie, Ontario ... choose one of the other 7 !!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Have been a patient for years due to kidney stones and I've also had bladder sling surgery. Surgery went ok, but recovery? Well.. Had to go back to RVH after 13 hours of not being able to go pee (an hour drive one way, in a wicked snowstorm and then had to wait there for ANOTHER 3 hours before a nurse could catheterize me... And this happened TWICE in the first 5 days post op! RIDICULOUS!!) and then had to have the catheter in for another 3 weeks! (Originally supposed to be only 2 DAYS!) Ended up with severe infection that lasted 5-6 weeks.. antibiotics, one after another to clear it. After a year I could finally pee more than a trickle at a time, now I'm back to same incontinence issues as before. The test Zadra did at RVH to see if I needed that surgery, left me feeling like I'd been used and abused. No dignity. Treated me like a slab of meat. He tends to be rude, crude and tries to be funny. Definitely has a God complex. I've waited for over 2 hours for most appointments, been rushed through when it's my time. I do know what to expect from him now. Not my favorite doctor by any means, but no choices there either. Gotta love OHIP.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016