Ratings for Dr. JOHN J. Warner

His practice is one of chronic over booking. He's rushed, the staff is rushed. His nurse slaps on the BP cuff then runs out of there. No questions about my health. Ignores other concerns that might be related. Doesn't answer questions. Contradicts himself over and over. Doesn't pay attention, and is extremely condescending. Doesn't thoroughly explain procedures. Acts like he's your buddy, but he doesn't listen and he doesn't care. Made some serious mistakes on my record which, fortunately, my PCP caught right before surgery. Very crowded waiting room, women behind the desk seem stressed and get snappy with people. I don't care how early you go, you will wait and wait and wait. Staff said it's par for the course. He's a conveyor belt doctor, and not a very good one.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I was sent to this "doctor" for a follow-up on blood found in my urine during a routine check-up. I had an ultrasound done on my kidneys at 10:00 a.m. and was to see this "doctor" at 3:00 p.m. I arrived at 2:00 p.m. in order to complete paperwork and be there at my appointed time. There were two others in the small waiting room when I arrived. As time passed, it was standing room only in the small, dirty waiting room. I was finally called at 4:30 p.m. for my 3:00 appointment. Everyone who came in much later was seen before me. After getting back there, my daughter who was with me said "finally" to the nurse asst. The nurse asst. had a smart attitude and told her to go sit down which angered us both since we waited so long. The "doc" didn't come in the room for another 30 min. He didn't have my test results and acted like he didn't know why I was there. I was to have urine drawn--he left saying it would be only a few minutes. At 5:30 p.m. I left--the office was dark and empty!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I went to Dr. Warner for a second opinion when a young urologist wanted to do a prostate biopsy on me based on a 3.99 psa test by another doctor. Dr. Warner was highly recommended and was great both listening to me and then sharing his medical experience and knowledge. A quick urine test was done as soon as I was taken in which the other doctor did not do. As with the other doctor, an examine did not reveal any problems and I was advised to come back in 6 months which I will gladly do. Dr. Warner did another psa test which came out to 258 and called me himself with the results. If only all doctors took their profession this serious and exhibited this interest in their patients. He is definitely at the top of my list of good, professional doctors.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

Great bedside manner. Conservative - does not order unnecessary tests.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I have had to have surgery several times due to kidney stones and this guy is remarkable....It could have been a very invasive procedure, but he chose to go the safer and easier route....He definitely could have made alot more money taking the other route....Followup visits in hospital were good, not rushed....Always took time to answer my questions sitting down and not in the doorway on the way out of the room.... Friendly, always smiling, everyone in the hospital thinks he's great....His nurse, Donna, is excellent, always up and pleasant and the office staff is friendly....I even heard them tell patients in the waiting room that their dr was running late and gave them an estimate of how long it would be before the dr saw them........The office manager, whom I never meet, must be great because this is a well oiled and trained office staff....You definitely will not go wrong using Dr. Warner.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Dr. JOHN J. Warner's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1976)

Oxford