You may also like

Rate Dr. Olga L. Cortez

Dr. Olga L. Cortez's Ratings

I recently went to Dr. Cortez to get my well women's exam and also talk about the possibility of TTC in the near future. After my exam she came in and talked with me for about 5 minutes and then ordered a blood test for reasons that were not explained to me. I finally had to ask the nurse that drew my blood what we were testing for. The nurse was very helpful at the time. A week later I got a call stating that all of my results came back great and I was a little deficient in a couple of vitamins. The nurse that called a difficulty pronouncing the vitamin names and what the purpose was for each. Two days later, I get another call from the office telling me they had my results. I mentioned that I had already received a call two days ago but would like a review again. After getting sent to several different nurses I was told that my pap smear came back abnormal, in the most nonchalant way possible. The nurse was not able to tell me why it was abnormal and just said that they would see me back in a year. I was very concerned obviously and wanted to speak with the doctor. I called the office back and asked to leave a message for the doctor to call me and was told that I would have to schedule an appointment to ask her any questions about my results. Overall, she is very quick in and out, no very personable and can seem a little straight to business. I think her staff is really who "drops the ball" on the entire experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

I have been a patient here for about 4 yrs. I have always had a long waiting time. My last visit was a little over an hour wait. I spoke to the doctor and it was confusing for her because to her understanding, she checked some device, I had only been waiting 20 or 25 min. She will speak to her office staff and find out what is going on. And the nurse that called me back with confusing results. Could not explain very well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2874846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Cortez seemed rushed. After my labs results came in for my annual pap, the nurses called me at home. The nurse couldn't even explain them to me. She was extremely uneducated. I would ask her a question, then hear her typing for an answer- which she then, could still not convey to me. Very unimpressed and left with lots of questions and worries. Need to find second opinion fast.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][468371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr Cortez and her staff were all very nice and did everything they could to help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

So warm and friendly. Felt instantly at ease. Very comforting, especially for someone who hates going to the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

The staff was very helpful in getting me in on the same day I called even though I was a new patient. I felt like they really wanted to assist me. When I came to the office, I still felt the warm welcome. Dr. Cortez was very nice and I felt at ease with her immediately. She is very knowledgeable and took the time to listen to my issues. She didn't rush and I didn't feel rushed. It's nice to have a doctor and an office staff that really cares about its patients. I would recommend Dr. Cortez to anyone who is looking for an OB/GYN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Their staff is not working properly, and not informing properly. To have an appointment is always headache. They never call for information even they said.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I am normally very nervous about going to the doctor but Dr. Cortez and her staff made me feel very welcome. Dr. Cortez is great at explaining things and is very understanding and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][468367].votes_count ]]