You may also like

Rate Dr. Allan Clifford

Dr. Allan Clifford's Ratings

OH NO!
I just found out that Dr. Clifford sold his practice. Dr. Clifford has been my dentist for 25 years. He is meticulous and a perfectionist, and it is clear that he loves what he does. My children have all moved away from home and their new dentists have all commented on the quality of the work done on their teeth. Dr. Clifford has a great sense of humour, and I love the music he plays in his office…and I would LOVE to run my fingers through his gorgeous, long, silver locks. Sigh!
He explains it all to you and you can tell he and his staff are in sync - one knows what the other wants before anything is said. Be sure you are not late for your appointment as he is always on time!
His staff have all been with him as long as I have been going. It is comforting and reassuring to see the same friendly faces each time I went to the office.
I wish Dr. Clifford him luck on his future endeavours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

RUDE RUDE RUDE does not even begin to describe him. I was shaking I was so upset with the way he talked to me. Looking for a new Dr

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2896797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Clifford for at least 15 years and in my opinion he is an excellent dentist. He is factual, a perfectionist and very detailed oriented. His dental work performed eg. ,the crowns are rock solid and probably out last me. Great Job ! To me dentistry is like an art; your either creative and good at it or your not .. Dr. Clifford is Excellent. His music choices are excellent and so is his staff. I would highly recommend this Dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

Started seeing him roughly ten years ago when we moved to Chatham from northern Ontario. Initially we were VERY impressed with him. His work was excellent and his office ran like clockwork. If your appointment was at 2PM, you were in the room and in the chair by 2PM. However, I noticed as time went on that his demeanor started to change. His personality deteriorated and he seems "grumpy" as if he's getting tired of his profession. Often times he won't repair work that other dentists performed, telling you to go back to that certain dentist to "fix it right", when that would require driving all the way to Sudbury(!) where our old dentist was located. His assistants seem intimated by him and my last two appointments, I felt as if I was wasting his time simply for being there. His work is still good, but his ethics feel like they're slipping. They don't even hand out the "freebies" when you go for your annual checkup anymore. His office also no longer performs root canal treatments after Dr. Pucovsky up and left for some never explained reason, meaning that you're now referred to an outside dentist to have a root canal performed. I think he's simply getting tired. His work is above-average but he needs to work on "bedside manners" if you will... My recent checkup will be the last. Now shopping around for a new doctor...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2820360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Clifford for over thirty years. I have a horrible fear of dentists and he has been great with me and always makes sure I am completely frozen before he begins any work in my mouth. He has been very helpful and any fillings he put in over the years have held up very well. I have no problem with his prices, because I would rather have good quality work, rather than Dollar store junk. My children and even my grandchildren have been going to him from the very beginning. He is more than willing to talk to you about any issues you may be having with your teeth, or fear of dentists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

My son has had nothing but bad experiences with his teeth since they came in . I mentioned to Clifford how scared he was and he said he would be fine. Clifford ended up asking me in and said this show was all for me, when in fact the kid was scared to death. Everyone says he is such a perfectionist, when I think he is a rude man that doesn't know the first thing about dealing with small kids. BTW is he going through some sort of mid life crisis. Get a haircut, as the hair only makes your head look bigger than it already is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2622381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

This man's practices are outdated and barbaric! Not to mention he has a terrible personality towards patients which makes it worse for children. My 7 year old daughter went to get 1 tooth pulled (which she was scared going in) and he ended up telling her he was pulling 4 that day. Not only that, they don't use gas so myself, my husband, the hygentist and him had to hold her down as he jabbed at her with a needle and pulled 4 teeth as she screamed in pain! There was blood everywhere and she kept yelling, "I can feel everything!" We'll never be going back....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1240965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Dr. Clifford is the best dentist I've ever been to. I have crowded teeth and needed a filling put in over 6 years ago and I have not had a problem since then with any of my teeth and the filling is still holding on as tight as when it was put in. He is very detail oriented and it shows in his work. Staff always perform excellent work as well during checkups and cleanings. I too have found that Dr. Clifford can be very blunt (although I wouldn't say he's rude) and his rates may be higher than other dentists in the area, but the quality of his work is superior to others in the area and it shows. I would highly recommend this dentist to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2011

You get what you pay for! Top of the line work, extreme perfectionist and driven to make a mouth perfect. Fillings done 5 years ago haven't budged or needed any repairs. Pain-free during any procedures where local anesthesia has been required. Insistent on checking for any additional problems when you're there, he'd rather address the issues now rather than in the future when it will be much more work and of greater cost to his patients. Sometimes abrupt and clinical, talk to his assistant if you have any concerns. Truly cares about his patients, funky office, interesting sense of style and great music! Made my mouth beautiful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1240962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

This man is rude. Our granddaughter, who is only five years old, was afraid of being at the dentist. Dr. Clifford was impatient, unprofessional and said, "get her out of here". Needless to say, we won't go back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1240961].votes_count ]]