Ratings for Dr. Allan Clifford

Was aware that Dr. Clifford sold off his practice to a new team last year; Drs. Peter and Brian Lee. Now that I went to book an appointment with this new team, I was advised that yet again, there has been another change in the staff, with yet another new doctor who has opened up a solo practice. Both Dr. Lee's are no longer here, no explanation or reason as to why. The "changing of the guards" seems to be never-ending with this place, with Dr. Clifford's sudden, unexpected and abrupt departure last year, to the new team consisting of both Dr. Lee's, now unto another doctor who again I'm not familiar with. I'm to the point of wanting to find another dentist, period. Every time I call to make an appointment for a checkup or cleaning, something has been changed. Even their business hours are once again all different, with the office now opening at 10AM instead of 8AM and the new dentist is only there twice a week! Very bizarre what keeps happening with this place. I wish Dr. Clifford would have never left. It's been nothing but chaos and confusion ever since his departure. Oh well. It is what it is I guess...

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Gone. Retired, Relocated, flew the coop, or simply disappeared. Dr. Clifford was my dentist for over 20 years. His work was excellent, as was his staff. Definitely noticed a decline in professionalism during my last few visits. He seemed to be "lost" and despondent after his wife passed away. What a terrible tragedy for him to have to deal with. Often seemed frustrated or pre-occupied with something else, as if his mind was elsewhere. Neither his patients or staff were informed that he was even thinking about leaving. He was literally there one day and gone the next. Rumour has it that he moved out West. Patients were left hanging with no notification or explanation whatsoever. Very unprofessional exit. Two new dentists have taken over his practice, and the office now keeps strange hours. You also have to "re apply" to become a patient with this new team. All in all, a very bizarre set of circumstances IMO. Best wishes to Dr. Clifford wherever you are. However, this entire situation could've (and should've) been handled a lot more effectively.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Gone. Retired, Relocated, or simply disappeared. Clifford was my dentist for over 20 years. His work was excellent, as was his staff. Seemed to be "lost" and despondent after his wife passed away however. Often seemed frustrated or pre-occupied with something else, as if his mind was elsewhere. Neither his patients or staff were informed that he sold he practice. He was literally there one day and gone the next. Rumour has it that we went out West. Patients were left hanging with no notification or explanation whatsoever. Very unprofessional exit. Two new dentists have taken over his practice. The office now keeps strange hours and you have to "re apply" to become patients with this new team. All in all, a very bizarre set of circumstances. Best wishes to Dr. Clifford, wherever you are. However, this entire situation could've (and should) have been handled a lot more effectively.

Submitted November 4, 2015

Went to make an appointment for a tooth that was bothering me for awhile now and was told that he recently sold off his practice and was no longer around. I was a patient of his for many years and was surprised at how sudden the announcement was. Not only that, but he's moved entirely out of the area apparently. In any case, I found his practice and mannerisms were slipping towards the end. He seemed to becoming impatient with both clients and his assistants. As another review stated, the other doctor with whom he shared his practice also mysteriously vanished, meaning if you needed to have more complicated work performed like wisdom tooth extraction or a root canal, that work was now being performed by an outside clinic, necessitating a visit to a completely different dentist... His firm has now been taken over by a whole new team apparently, but I have begun shopping around for a new dentist regardless. His work was good but his abrupt nature (and sudden departure leaving his patients hanging) left something to be desired. Nonetheless, maybe it was simply time for him to move on to other endeavours. In any case, I wish him well on wherever life takes him next. Moving on...

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Found Dr. Clifford has left Chatham-Kent. I'm alright with this. He had technical skill but his personal skills leave much to be desired. Very little patience; all too eager to get into discussions that were less than comfortable such as his views on the government. His actual knowledge of what he uses is alarming; I have overheard him tell another patient to "wikipedia" questions the individual had about the anaesthetic being used on his daughter. It seems odd that a professional being given money for skill and knowledge is referring patients to wikipedia. The real genius of the facility is the staff; without them Dr. Clifford would have been nothing. I could always count on them to be friendly, welcoming, happy to provide explanation, and patient.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

OH NO! I just found out that Dr. Clifford sold his practice. Dr. Clifford has been my dentist for 25 years. He is meticulous and a perfectionist, and it is clear that he loves what he does. My children have all moved away from home and their new dentists have all commented on the quality of the work done on their teeth. Dr. Clifford has a great sense of humour, and I love the music he plays in his office…and I would LOVE to run my fingers through his gorgeous, long, silver locks. Sigh! He explains it all to you and you can tell he and his staff are in sync - one knows what the other wants before anything is said. Be sure you are not late for your appointment as he is always on time! His staff have all been with him as long as I have been going. It is comforting and reassuring to see the same friendly faces each time I went to the office. I wish Dr. Clifford him luck on his future endeavours.

Submitted August 25, 2015

RUDE RUDE RUDE does not even begin to describe him. I was shaking I was so upset with the way he talked to me. Looking for a new Dr

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Clifford for at least 15 years and in my opinion he is an excellent dentist. He is factual, a perfectionist and very detailed oriented. His dental work performed eg. ,the crowns are rock solid and probably out last me. Great Job ! To me dentistry is like an art; your either creative and good at it or your not .. Dr. Clifford is Excellent. His music choices are excellent and so is his staff. I would highly recommend this Dentist.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Started seeing him roughly ten years ago when we moved to Chatham from northern Ontario. Initially we were VERY impressed with him. His work was excellent and his office ran like clockwork. If your appointment was at 2PM, you were in the room and in the chair by 2PM. However, I noticed as time went on that his demeanor started to change. His personality deteriorated and he seems "grumpy" as if he's getting tired of his profession. Often times he won't repair work that other dentists performed, telling you to go back to that certain dentist to "fix it right", when that would require driving all the way to Sudbury(!) where our old dentist was located. His assistants seem intimated by him and my last two appointments, I felt as if I was wasting his time simply for being there. His work is still good, but his ethics feel like they're slipping. They don't even hand out the "freebies" when you go for your annual checkup anymore. His office also no longer performs root canal treatments after Dr. Pucovsky up and left for some never explained reason, meaning that you're now referred to an outside dentist to have a root canal performed. I think he's simply getting tired. His work is above-average but he needs to work on "bedside manners" if you will... My recent checkup will be the last. Now shopping around for a new doctor...

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Clifford for over thirty years. I have a horrible fear of dentists and he has been great with me and always makes sure I am completely frozen before he begins any work in my mouth. He has been very helpful and any fillings he put in over the years have held up very well. I have no problem with his prices, because I would rather have good quality work, rather than Dollar store junk. My children and even my grandchildren have been going to him from the very beginning. He is more than willing to talk to you about any issues you may be having with your teeth, or fear of dentists.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015