Ratings for Dr. Lynne Murfin

Truly incredible! She takes an integrative approach which I wish I'd had before to avoid years of unnecessary prescriptions!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

An exceptional doctor and individual who I feel extremely privileged to have been able to consult with. I thoroughly recommend her. My family doctor was amazed by the testing Dr Murfin ordered for me and fully supported the treatment plan Dr Murfin put me on and expressed jealously that Dr Murfin is able to work in such an enlightened and progressive model.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Murfin is an amazing and brilliant doctor. After a lifetime of gut problems, I am now living my life healthy & happy. I am so grateful for her skill, compassion, and efficiency. LOVE her!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I owe everything to Dr. Murfin. She completely turned my health around and for that I'm deeply grateful. I'm so fortunate to have her in my life and I adore her staff as well. You are always treated as a client/patient who matters -- never a number.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Love love love Dr. Murfin. She has gone above and beyond to help me become a healthier and happier person. It's been a long journey but Dr. Murfin has been supportive the whole way through and the benefits are paying off. I am so grateful for having Dr. Murfin in my life... i cannot find the right words to express what she has done and how she has changed my life for the better.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr Murfin is knowledgable, kind and efficient. I feel completely confident in her care. No quick fixes, but I know my health will drastically improve over time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Murfin takes a new/different approach but it has worked well for me since I started becoming more involved and disciplined about my health. When you get to be an actual participant in the process it's amazing how much progress can be made with the right guidance and the right program.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

I agree that this is an excellent doc and great clinic. She knows what she is doing and has exceeded my expectations. I'd give her the highest rating compared to my experiences with docs in Calgary over the past 50 odd years.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Outstanding level of professionalism and remarkable knowledge of preventative medicine. She has changed the way I think about many things - which is not an easy task - and as a result I am healthier, happier and much more productive than 6 months ago. I would recommend her to patients who are focused and motivated to make changes to improve health . This is not a typical clinic and in no way is Dr. M a typical doctor, both are exceptional in many ways. Rescheduling appointments can sometimes be tricky as she seems to be very booked up. Good luck to all.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I would like to address the one star rating from the physician. I'm quite confident that I am the patient he is referring to and that this anonymous rating was posted by a disgruntled doctor from internal medicine I had a consult with just two days prior. Before asking me any questions about my long standing medical history he had made up his mind about the cause of my illness simply because I had chosen to follow a treatment plan set out by Dr M who has only been part of my treatment for the last few months despite the development of my symptoms years before any supplements had even been introduced. The dangerous doses of prescriptions he is referring to were prescribed by my family doctor not Dr M. Further to that comment I had conversations with both my pharmacist and my family doctor about his concerns and I've been assured it is not an unusual dose and is perfectly safe if used short term. Dr M does not support this drug but understands that for now it is allowing me to have some kind of quality o life. Dr. Anonymous in my opinion is the worst case of a narrow minded ego I have encountered and I'm not surprised after his bahaviour I whitnessed during my appointment that he has taken time to write such an inaccurate and emotionally based review. I thank him for posting it because this is a good example of the type of arrogance you may encounter when you let traditional Dr.s know you are being treated by a doctor who practices functional medicine. Foruantly many other doctors and specialits have openly admited to me that they have no extensive knowledge or education in functional medicine ad that unfortunately others in their profession are not open to anything they have not been taught in med school. Remember we once believed the world was flat and those who had evidence that it was in fact round were dismissed and called crazy. Those who believed in the new evidence were ridiculed by educated men who were not open to the new evidence. It should also be noted that the idea of a female doctor would have also been ridiculed. Doctors used to prescribe cocaine and used to smoke in the hospitals. In fact they used to suggest smoking as a way to relax. I'm happy that there were enough people who questioned authority and pursued a better way of life despite opposition of educated influential people to allow for the advancements in norms we enjoy today. Not too long ago I was so unwell I could not stand up without fainting, I was in chronic pain and a diagnosis could not be made through the resources available through Albera health services. At 30 yrs old I could not wash my own hair or feed myself. Prescriptions from many specialist had landed me in the hospital three times with anaphylactic shock and I have had so many long standing and painful complications from medications prescribed by physicians just like Dr. Anonymous. This is why I turned to Dr. M. I have in the last few months seen improvement in my condition. I now have a better understanding of what is causing my symptoms which is something other physicians could not provide. I would like those reading her reviews to know that during my IV treatments I have had the pleasure of speaking with several patients who are further along in their treatment and have shared their struggles and progress and have all assured me that it is well worth the time and energy (and yes finances). I can appreciate Dr. A's concern as there are many alternatives to traditional medicine out there that may try to sell you very expensive supplements and promise you the world. I can appreciate that he has seen patients in a vulnerable state of chronic illness falling victim to these fakes. Unfortunately when I was much younger I had spent over $5000 seeing a naturalpath without any results. But you cannot simply label all alternatives to traditional medicine as ineffective. Again do your research and trust your gut. I can assure you Dr. Murfin is not one of these doctors and she is worth every penny we have spent.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Lynne Murfin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lynne Murfin is one of Canada's leading Functional Integrative Physicians. After 25 years as a traditional medical practitioner, she realized that it was time for a new way to care - a better way. She now combines the best of traditional medicine with research based alternative practices to explore total health - body, mind and spirit - beyond the absence of disease.

• English
  • Afrikaans

• University of Cape Town (Grad. 1988)
  • University of South Florida (Grad. 2015)