Ratings for Dr. Fang Frank Yu

His office staff were helpful and he was knowledgeable and spent time explaining and was professional.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I was seeing Dr.Yu for past 2 years and He explained the procedure very detail and he is nice to answer all my questions.I am totally satisfy his knowledge. His office staff is nice and on time.I would recommend Dr.Yu to all my friends.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr Yu performed a colonoscopy on me a few weeks ago. I had no problems or complaints. He was easy to schedule & see on the initial appointment, explaining the prep for the procedure & the procedure itself. The procedure itself was no big deal, he did it in the surgi-center located in his medical office building. I would definitely recomend Dr Yu.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

The staff at this office was fair but my problem was in understanding this doctor's English. In the short time he spent with me, I had a terrible time understanding what he was saying through the heavy accent.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

I am 83 years old. I went to Dr. Yu because he was recommended by my HMO. I had the worst experience of my life during a routine colonoscopy. From the beginning of the procedure I was in horrible pain. I told the Dr. and his advice was to "breathe in thru my nose and out thru my mouth". He never checked the IV to see why I was able to speak during this time. You would think that a physician that performs these procedures regularly would know that the patient should not be speaking much less crying out in pain. If the patient is in pain maybe there's a reason she's even awake and complaining that she is feeling everything he does. He proceeded to complete the procedure(over 1 hour) and also removed 2 polyps. I received a call the next day from the Dr. to let me know that the IV was not working. NO apology, just the explanation of why I was in so much pain. Dr. Yu should be fined and reprimanded severely should be forced to attend classes to interpret complaints from patients.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

I spent more time with the "insurance" lady than with the doctor. I was seeing him for outpatient surgery... No History was taken and the Doctor did not answer my questions about a procedure. Instead, he just shuffled me to the insurance gal. He then apparently left the office. So, the next day I called asking for a call back... I had a simple question that wasn't answered from my appointment. A young receptionist girl called back saying that the Dr. Yu told her that I needed to schedule a follow-up appointment! Unbelievable. So... No patient history taken, no time with Doctor, no answers to questions regarding a planned surgery... AND he's playing games to get more money from insurance for an unnecessary appointment.. ! This guy must be hard up for patients to play this kind of shenanigans. I don't trust him... Didn't use him for the surgery.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

Dr. Fang Frank Yu's Credentials

• Natl Defense Med Ctr, Taipei, Taiwan (385-03 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1982)