Ratings for Dr. Rodney French

This man has destroyed my finger. He promised he would not turn me away if the first surgery was unsuccessful, then he did just that. He had refused to take measurements or xrays before or after surgery telling me they were not necessary. He made no reference lines to measure with either, he eyeballed it! HE EYEBALLED IT! Do not believe the good reviews. He was very nice until he screwed up, then he changed. My career is over for ever, and he remorselessly told me to go write a song about it! Who says that to a patient they have injured? He promised he could and would fix my finger and would not quit until he had, acting the hero and sweeping me up with fine words. He promised me he would not abandon me half way. HE GAVE HIS WORD. His carelessness has costed me my career and the support for my family. My wife and son are disabled and count on me, he knows this, and he knows that no surgeon will touch me now. We discussed this at length before surgery, I made sure he promised not to abandon me. He subsequently denied me the treatment options I preferred, flat out telling me that certain surgical procedures could not be performed. I found out later it was not true, and it could have been done. He fooled me into trusting him. I believed him and let him do his will. Don't do the same if you love what you do, or if others count on your recovery. Don't be "another unlucky one". I cannot tell you how much I regret submitting myself to him. I feel violated and humiliated.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I wrote a comment on May 10, 2016. I gave a rave review about Dr. French. However, that was only 2 1/2 weeks post op. It is now 4 months post-op, and my daughter has her life back. All of the the things she couldn't do before, like driving a car, riding horses, and training ponies, she is now doing. Dr. French is a miracle worker. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I just have to say that Dr. French has given me my confidence back, I had a hypertrophic scar on my arm that was big red,ugly,itchy and just plain uncomfortable and after removing the scar I feel like I have a normal arm again, he is very helpful with a great sense of humor and his assistant is very kind and helpful. They truly changed my life. And I will be forever thankful! -Meriah

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. French is an excellent and competent surgeon, an incredible diagnostician, and a very kind human being. He has the best bedside manner of any surgeon I have ever worked with. He repaired my daughter's complex and unusual problem: a torn TFCC and an avulsed DRC off the distal radius. I would trust my family's hands and wrists to no other surgeon. I can't say enough positive things about this man.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

He was very patient with my son, who was very frightened to go under the knife. Dr. French took his time to make sure the freezing took- a bit at a time so it didn't hurt. Very professional. Office staff were extremely helpful & pleasant. I wish all doctor experiences were like this.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I saw this doctor recently which i didn't find him to be helpful and the staff was not friendly.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I had a consultation with Dr. French at the Cambie Surgery Clinic to for carpel tunnel surgery. He spent a long time with me and in the end recommended that I defer the surgery. I found him to be very knowledgeable and friendly and he clearly had my best interests at heart. He even took the time to call my wife after I left to explain the situation and then called me the next day to see if I had any questions or concerns. That was an amazing level of service, especially for a surgeon as from my experience they tend to be fairly abrupt. I also found the staff at the Cambie Clinic to be very nice and caring.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

very bad staff. . zero respect MOA / secretary is not helpful at all I saw this doctor recently which i didn't find him to be helpful, I felt like my appointment was rushed and the problem i came for wasn't solved.

Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. French and staff are simply the best!! He performed thumb joint replacement surgery on both hands for me and truly has given me back my life! Thumbs are sooooo important...who knew??? I can't say enough of his talent, professionalism, empathy, and humour! I feel so fortunate to have found him. His office staff....amazing. I am sorry you might have to wait a long time to see him...but its worth it.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr French saved my finger. (one of the doctor i saw before him suggested an amputation). I like his sens of humor. His secretary was very professional, nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015