Ratings for Dr. John Peto

Dr. Peto is smart and caring. My aunt had been misdiagnosed by numerous doctors, and Dr. Peto immediately recognized the root cause of the problem and set forth a health care plan to ease her suffering. Truly a top notch doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I think Dr Peto should be tested he is totally incompetent. He gives you the name of medication and tells you to decide which one you want your family member to be put on, isn't he the Dr shouldn't he do that. He never confirms exactly what the issue is Dementia or Alzehimers. My Uncle has seen him 3 times it appears the Dr is on vacation more than he is in the office he never returns calls his staff is useless you call to book an appointment they never answer or return your call. My Uncle is 80 his driving extremely dangerous were concerned about him either killing someone or himself. He said it was up to my Uncle if he wanted to give up his license or not. My Uncle can't tell you what day of the week it is half the time he doesn't know who we are. When I read the comments about how great he is I wonder am I dealing with the same Dr. ? Obviously his twin brother by the same name works at the same office., or is he writing his own reviews. This Dr is Dangerous, we have request our Dr to send us to a different Dr.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

My wife, the patient with cognitive impairment, have found Dr. Peto caring, knowledgeable, and totally committed to the patient's welfare. He communicates well. We feel fortunate to have been referred to him

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Peto has been my mother's geriatric doctor for several years. My mom was diagnosed with vascular dementia and Dr. Peto has been nothing but WONDERFUL both with my mom and with me, her main caregiver. My mom had to be hospitalized recently due to an episode of extreme aggression and thanks to Dr. Peto's help, my mom got back to normal (her normal) and is now living a full and rewarding life. He didn't give up until the right medication was found. He is very caring and compassionate. We are extremely thankful to him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Peto and Josey have been wonderful to both my parents who have been dementia diagnosed. First my dad by North York General Seniors Rehab Centre and second my mom after she was referred to Dr. Peto by her family doctor, Dr. Desmond Teelucksingh. It has been extremely difficult to deal with the dementia diagnosis as both my parents are in denial especially my father and thanks to the support and patience of Dr. Peto and Josey I have been able to cope with all the obstacles this disease forces u to deal with. Relatives have been non supportive so I am extremely grateful to Dr. Peto and Josey.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

He never did any physical assessment for my father during his stay at rehab,, instead he just said hello and walked away. He was over confidence when prescribing drugs and did things not for the best interest of the patient. He kept my father there to booste his ego and prescribed medication to my father even patient's family told him that my dad has hives or adverse reaction to this particular new medication . Peto is dangerous and should not be put near any patient.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Peto is a very caring, dedicated doctor. He was always available to help at any time. He was my mother's alzheimers doctor and would joke a little bit to ease the situation of the seriousness of the disease. He was wonderful with his advice when my father was dying recently at another hospital. My dad appreciated his service on Remembrance Day for the WWII veterans. Thank-you Dr. Peto. (Please tell Josey how fantastic and helpful she is!)

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

My father who has since passed away, was under Dr. Peto's (and I use the term Dr very loosely) while recovering from surgery. As such, we didn't have a choice of doctors. He completely ignored and underminded my father's regular doctor who was Program Chief of Mental Health. He changed all his Rx's and totally over medicated to where my father was a zombie and hellucinating. He made horrible, heartless jokes about my father being old and dying. My sister, mother and I ended up in tears after dealing with this man. He should have his licence removed. He is dangerous!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

quite frankly I don't know what to do. he has prescribed medication that as far as I can tell is only used for Alzheimers but refuses to give a diagnosis. When I asked if my husband should stop driving- a real concern i felt- he replied "don't ask a question you don't want an answer to" Well the problem is I DO want an answer, in fact I want a lot of answers- I need to be able to make plans and try to see what else can be done. The meds had an unfavourbale side-effect and now my husband won't take them so what good is that? I'm very worried. And like others on here, I've heard lots of jokes but no real information! we go back later this week and I don't know what to do!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013