Ratings for Dr. J. Michael Brooks

Been going to CFP for over 13 years. When asked to complete some disability paperwork doctor brooks refused and told me to find another doctor and said the Federal Government Paperwork was fraudulent. I have some serious health problems including cancer and diverticulitis...and he threw me out like a piece of trash. All he is good for is prescribing cough medicine and even does a lousy job at that. Terrible doctor. I do not recommend. Not too crazy about his associates either duggan and folsom...have attitude problems.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Brooks for about 10 years and have always been seen at my appointed time i.e. never waited more than 15 minutes past the appointed time. When Dr. Brooks enters the examining room he immediately asks if there are any issues with your health and gives you all the time you need to explain. He is a doctor who is very caring in my personal opinion.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I agree with one of the previous comments, the front desk staff and telphone staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. As for Dr. Brooks, my family has been going to this office for 20+ years. I tried to schedule my adult daughter to be seen for some possible thyroid/physiological problems only to be told she was take out of their practice. I made three attempts to have the DOCTOR call me, all which went unanswered. The only answer I kept getting was from a office staff worker telling me that it just was not possible to put her back into their practice - this according to the Office Manager that spoke with Dr. Brooks. I was outraged. I have heard this from several people I know about this office. It appears this is strictly a business for Dr. Brooks and not a place to help people get well.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr. Brooks is great, but his front office staff is horrible. The lady at the front desk is very unfriendly and rude. I don't like how they take your co-pay at the front window now. The lady at the front desk screams your name across the lobby, and tells you to come up an pay your co-pay. She even told a friend of mine that she had a previos balance across the lobby. I do love Dr.Brooks enough to keep going there though.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Smart, friendly and punctual. A good choice if you need a general practitioner. He's been mine now for at least 10 years.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Dr. J. Michael Brooks's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1983)

HealthPartners