Ratings for Dr. Donald G. Hovancsek

Do not go to this doctor. Went with a Morton’s Neuroma hoping for relief. Dr. Hovancsek basically did nothing to help me. In fact, if you go to him, expect him to squeeze your calf muscles and areas on the sides of your knees to the point of tears. He charges exorbitant rates for office visits. He charges $65 for his staff to wrap your foot to the point you can’t wear normal shoes and tells you not to remove the wrapping for a week, even to take a shower. I had to buy a special covering for my foot and leg which cost $35 in order to take a shower. He tells you he doesn’t believe in cortisone shots or surgery, which actually is what caused me to go to him – because I don’t want that either. But he did nothing to help me to the tune of over $700 out of pocket expenses. In addition, his accounting staff are completely incompetent. They continued to bill me for the same office visit, telling me each time this would pay it off, but then kept adding charges, until I refused to pay anymore. At which point they said I still owed $30 and said they would continue charging interest, then turn me over to a collection agency. You will waste your money and time going to Dr. Hovancsek.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Magnificient doctor. I would recommend him to anybody. I have been seeing him for over 1 year and my whole feet have changed and healing. He is a very thorough and factual and friendly doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Good, honest, man. Fun sense of humor. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

Dr. Hovancsek is extremely knowledgeable and personable. I have yet to meet a physician with a better bedside manner. His expertise has been very helpful in alleviating my foot ailments. In fact, I have recommended him to several of my coworkers. I have two majory complaints: 1) Office staff say to expect to wait up to one hour for a scheduled appointment - this is unacceptable to me. 2) the office does not accept debit or credit cards - another major inconvenience.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

He is arrogant, unhelpful, and obnoxious.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Donald G. Hovancsek's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1970)