Ratings for Dr. Lisa N. Abaid

Had a complete hysterectomy with uterine cancer diagnosis 4 days ago. Dr. Abaid spoke with my family afterwards, but I still have not spoken with her. I've called her office 3 days in a row asking for a call from her as I'm having complications. I was told she'd call me after 3 when her surgeries we're complete for the day. She has not done so in spite of my multiple requests over 3 days! Her staff was not helpful and quite disinterested. I was put in touch with a nurse. I find it disheartening and shocking that a follow up call would not automatically be made after surgery. She came highly recommended, so I'm even more disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Lisa Abaid is wonderful and a delightful person who listens to everything you say. She has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable and explains every procedure to you- even draws a picture of the tumor and its location. I had two surgeries with her. Both went extremely well, and I recovered very rapidly. Her surgical skills are amazing. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I had my 1st appointment with Dr Abaid and I had my surgery 2 days later. She was thorough, caring and very expedient with the follow up procedures.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I went to Dr. Abaid on a referral from my Gyno. They both wanted to remove my ovaries and while they were in there, give me a hysterectomy. They said I had ovarian cancer. I went for second opinion to UCLA medical center and found out the I DID NOT have cancer. My elevated blood levels were false due to me being premenopausal.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Abaid is awesome and I highly recommend her! I had a huge fibroid on my ovary and required a robotic hysterectomy. I am an obese patient so I was nervous as obviously i am higher risk.. but Dr. Abaid was so confident and knowledgeable that she made me feel totally comfortable with her doing the procedure. She explained everything to me and even drew me out a picture of what she would be doing. All i can say is that she is an awesome doctor, very down to earth, and knows what she is doing. Robotic hysterectomy is the way to go! It's been four weeks since my surgery and I am doing great! Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach was awesome too and the staff was great! Thanks Dr. Abaid! :-)

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I was so afraid of what would happen during surgery, that I put if off for months. I wish I had found Dr. Abaid sooner. She has a very calming demeanor, listens intently, and speaks intelligently and nonconfrontationally. Dr. Abaid was patient with my questions and requests, and went out of her way to ensure my comfort with the surgery. Her staff is kind, attentive and efficient. Both Dr. Abaid and her staff follow up after surgery, and are available when needed. Treatment by Dr. Abaid was the best experience I've had with ANY doctor I've seen. I only wish she practiced other medical specialities so I could stop having to be seen by incompetant, egomanical medical hacks. Dr. Abaid is a rare gem.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Lisa N. Abaid's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)