Ratings for Dr. Samuel Needleman

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

Abrasive, obnoxious. When asked to review my PET scan, he said it was "irrelevant." Ordered a course of treatment for cancer without having reviewed the pathologies. Screamed at me when I asked for a second opinion. Never thought to order bone marrow biopsies, heart scans, most of the standard of care stuff. Terrifying fellow. I'm stuck - I'm a VA patient and he's the ONLY oncologist - brand new, and it appears he hates his job. I debate - which is worse, dying from cancer or dying at the hands of Samuel Neeldleman? Pray for me. I am terrified of him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I was referred to him because I had a severely low platelet count. He ordered a bunch of blood tests, then said 'it's probably just a really bad case of mono' and sent me on my way. Later, my eyes started bleeding, and he stated that he didn't run any tests because I 'didn't look sick'. He refused to give me a definite diagnosis, and put me on high-dose steroids for two months. When I said I was going for a second opinion, he turned rude, offensive, and abrasive. The second opinion (at the National Institute of Health) diagnosed me with Mild Idiopathic Aplastic Anemia. When I returned, Dr. Needleman refused to accept the suggested treatments from the doctors at NIH, and, instead, let me go without treatment for several months with a platelet count of only 16, saying that he didn't 'want to hear about every drop of blood'. He never seemed to know why I was there, behaved as if he were irritated when asked questions, and treated me and my family like we were idiots.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Dr. Samuel Needleman's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Stephenville, TX