Ratings for Dr. Jamal Rakem

This Dr. Was the first Dr. To look at my knee and I ended up having to go to another Dr. Because he messed up repairing my ACL now I can't run

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

He repaired my shattered ankles and broken right leg. I have to admit that I thought I would never walk properly again. I am happy to say that I can still walk even though I still have pain, I'll gladly put up with it. In my opinion he's a miracle worker.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

First I have to say that Dr Rakem is a wonderful doctor an I had my knee replaced by him in a few years ago and he was the best.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Rakem is an excellent surgeon who shows empathy, concern and integrity when dealing with patients. He has replaced both of my husband's knees and performed orthoscopic knee surgery on me, all with excellent results. His post-op treatment for both of us was 10 out of 10. We will always support this wonderful Doctor and hope he stays in the Niagara Region because it would be a tremendous loss to the community if he ever leaves.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

My concern about this doctor is the bad post op instructions - do not change bandages for 6 weeks- mine were caked in blood -no way was I leaving it for 6 weeks that way - I also noticed seepage and dealt with that - 6 weeks would have been a problem. Then he takes off again at Christmas for another family emergency- no one knows when he is coming back - his replacement could not answer my concern as to why my foot was not healing or responding or if this was normal - just that xray was fine- this does not address soft tissue problems etc - so finally went to a physio therapist on advise of my massage therapist and physiotherapist notices the lack of movement and are working on fixing it . The fact that Dr Rakem is not available post op to answer questions or have someone knowlegable concerns me - his staff is left hanging no idea if replacement will have a clinic in Fort Erie - not what I expected and would hesitate to use this doctor again

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

My GP recommended Dr Rakeem and then as it turned out so did everyone else I spoke to about getting my hip replaced. All had only good words to say about his skill and helpful personality. My personal experience was fantastic. Dr. Rakeem exceeded my expectations. He was always kind, very knowledgeable, willing to answer any questions, spent time to make sure I understood. The operation went smoothly, exactly as he said it would be, minimal scar and I healed at the pace I expected. Can walk perfectly within 2 months. Thankyou so much Dr Rakeem, I would recommend him to anyone needing a hip or knee replacement. An extremely good surgeon!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Excellent surgeon. My wife & I retired to the Niagara area a few years ago. When I found I needed a knee replacement Dr. Rakem was recommended. I can't give him enough praise for the excellent way he handled my knee replacement. Since then I've my other knee replaced, and again experienced a very successful surgery by Dr. Rakem. I was reassured during my first consultation by his manner and explanation of the procedures, he was reassuring and answered all my concerns. His post operative consultations are equally reassuring. My wife now requires orthoscopic knee surgery and I have absolutely no hesitation in putting her in the hands of this great surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Fantastic surgeon. I had my right hip replaced in Feb.2012 and the left one replaced in May 2012.Dr.Rakem was always on time for my followup visits and due to his mastery I have no issues and am healed way ahead of schedule.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He took the time to explain before AND after my knee surgery. Very skilled surgeon. This was the first time he has scoped my knee. Have had 3 previous and this is the way the they all should have been done. Nothing but praise to a great doctor!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

For those of you who are judging him for leaving the country, it wasn't for a vacation. The people of his country were fighting for their independance and losing their limbs and getting killed. He went their volunteerly because they needed him. Have some respect.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011