Ratings for Dr. Thomas F. Vail

This place tries to get you to spend money out of pocket on things they are selling.. Every visit I've been told I need to buy this or that in office at 40$-60$ each visit.He performed minor surgery in office no warning didn't tell me to have a driver..then refused to do the follow up because I missed an appointment when my father had a stroke...attitude from Dr and his help were beyond rude .

Submitted September 16, 2014

I became a new patient in Dr. Vail's office at the beginning of this year. His staff was helpful and welcoming from the time I scheduled my initial appointment. They even emailed the new patient forms to me so I could complete them prior to my appointment. I initially saw Dr. Vail because I stand on my feet for long periods of time and they were becoming increasingly painful. He suggested numerous treatment options - from home exercises to anti-inflammatories. He explained that he preferred to try these more conservative treatments to see if they would provide the relief I was seeking. When these options didn't completely relieve my pain, he eventually suggested foot orthotics. I was hesitant because my insurance wouldn't cover them. I am happy to say that getting the orthotics was a wonderful decision. My feet feel better than they have in years, and Dr. Vail checks them every few months to see if they are in need of adjustments. I highly recommend Dr. Vail and his office.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Is friendly, tries hard to keep to his busy schedule. This does not, however, permit him time to hear patient's concerns and receive adequate follow up information. When a serious problem exists, I feel it behooves the Dr. to call personally and explain results rather than have minimal relayed by assistants.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

We visited three times and will not go back.Dr. Vail was condescending to us and his staff (in front of us as).He does not like to answer questions and spends very little time with the patient. I had set up a payment plan for $350 orthotics that our insurance did not cover. Two staff asked me about the payment plan during one visit. The third, caught me outside after I had left, to remind me that I still had a debit with them.I politely explained that I had set up a payment plan (again).The focus is definitely on paying off the beautiful office, not the patient.My child's feet did improve with the orthotics and the exercises. However, in less than a year, my child outgrew the orthotics. We were given no advice when I had previously asked what the benefits would be of spending $70 to purchase the "outgrow plan" for one free replacement set within the year, and now need to pay $350 for a new set of orthotics in less than a year.We will do that, but with a Dr. we respect.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Save your time and your money. This staff is rude and ignorant. They acted like I was their first patient ever. Procedures are not clearly explained. They want you to keep coming back FOREVER. Who can afford it?? Doctor talks down to staff in front of patient. WAAAAYYYY too expensive for nothing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

His staff is very rude. Long waiting room times and lack of respect for patients. I had issue with my insurance company and instead of helping me understand his staff wrote me off and treated me like dirt. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

He removed a painful bunion. Friends said I'd be in a great deal of pain afterwards. I experienced only a mimimal, short-lived ache. I'd rate him 9 out of 10. Make up your own mind. His staff has always been very friendly and helpful. Dr. Vail has a commendable sense of humor that puts the patient at ease.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Dr. Thomas F. Vail's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1985)