Ratings for Dr. Thomas F. Vail

I had an ingrown toenail removed by Dr. Vail after it being treated by another podiatrist and my family physician. I wish I had come to him first. He immediately put me at ease and I haven't had a problem with the toe since. He has a great sense of humor and his staff is very professional and friendly. He now treats my entire family and we couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Vail to anyone who has foot ailments. His staff is always friendly and very helpful. Dr. Vail answers all of my questions at each appointment. I have referred my friends and family to his office, and everyone has been very happy with their experience. Definitely a keeper!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I always have a great experience when I have appointments here. The staff is so friendly and personable, but still professional. The woman at the front window always makes me feel welcomed. I never have to wait long at all for my appointments or to see Dr. Vail. He is very knowledgeable in his field of practice and has many options for treatment. I will definitely recommend this office to anyone who needs a foot specialist.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Very pleased with this office, they are very friendly and efficient. Dr. Vail is thorough with evaluation and suggests extensive plans to get you relief. I'd highly recommend this office to others who suffer from any foot issues.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Scenario: My ex-husband scheduled our son for an appointment with Dr. Vail. An appointment that I was not even aware of until the day of. My ex-husband had an insufficient amount of cash during the initial office visit, so he called and I provided my card information to the billing department to cover the remining cost. Get this, they charged my card for the remaining balance without my authorization! I didn't even get a billing statement mailed to me as the insurance holder! This office staff is condescending, rude and Bruce the office manager is a joke. They need to hold a mandatory ethics class for their staff, as this office seems to think that they are above the law. Charging someones saved credit card information without consent is theft. Advising that "they left a voicemail before charging it" is still theft. I didn't recieve a voicemail. This office is a joke. My son recieved better treatment at the Dr. Scholls machine at the local pharmacy.

Submitted February 21, 2017

This place tries to get you to spend money out of pocket on things they are selling.. Every visit I've been told I need to buy this or that in office at 40$-60$ each visit.He performed minor surgery in office no warning didn't tell me to have a driver..then refused to do the follow up because I missed an appointment when my father had a stroke...attitude from Dr and his help were beyond rude .

Submitted September 16, 2014

I became a new patient in Dr. Vail's office at the beginning of this year. His staff was helpful and welcoming from the time I scheduled my initial appointment. They even emailed the new patient forms to me so I could complete them prior to my appointment. I initially saw Dr. Vail because I stand on my feet for long periods of time and they were becoming increasingly painful. He suggested numerous treatment options - from home exercises to anti-inflammatories. He explained that he preferred to try these more conservative treatments to see if they would provide the relief I was seeking. When these options didn't completely relieve my pain, he eventually suggested foot orthotics. I was hesitant because my insurance wouldn't cover them. I am happy to say that getting the orthotics was a wonderful decision. My feet feel better than they have in years, and Dr. Vail checks them every few months to see if they are in need of adjustments. I highly recommend Dr. Vail and his office.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Is friendly, tries hard to keep to his busy schedule. This does not, however, permit him time to hear patient's concerns and receive adequate follow up information. When a serious problem exists, I feel it behooves the Dr. to call personally and explain results rather than have minimal relayed by assistants.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

We visited three times and will not go back.Dr. Vail was condescending to us and his staff (in front of us as).He does not like to answer questions and spends very little time with the patient. I had set up a payment plan for $350 orthotics that our insurance did not cover. Two staff asked me about the payment plan during one visit. The third, caught me outside after I had left, to remind me that I still had a debit with them.I politely explained that I had set up a payment plan (again).The focus is definitely on paying off the beautiful office, not the patient.My child's feet did improve with the orthotics and the exercises. However, in less than a year, my child outgrew the orthotics. We were given no advice when I had previously asked what the benefits would be of spending $70 to purchase the "outgrow plan" for one free replacement set within the year, and now need to pay $350 for a new set of orthotics in less than a year.We will do that, but with a Dr. we respect.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Save your time and your money. This staff is rude and ignorant. They acted like I was their first patient ever. Procedures are not clearly explained. They want you to keep coming back FOREVER. Who can afford it?? Doctor talks down to staff in front of patient. WAAAAYYYY too expensive for nothing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Dr. Thomas F. Vail's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1985)