Ratings for Dr. John P. Horton

Very informative, took the time to answer my questions, has experience with my issues.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I came in for a second opinion on a hysterectomy and he spent over 45 minutes talking to us about all my options and his thoughts about each one. Office was extremely prompt and he walked in even before I had a chance to complete their forms. Extremely happy with the level of care received!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Horton saw me and my husband... Very informative. My husband is a physician so I received great!!! I mean Great care... Thank God!1

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Horton is a hero! I was in labor and in the car to the hospital going to deliver my son vaginal breech with Dr. Tate at Emory Midtown Hospital. I transitioned through labor so quickly that Dr. Tate was not called in time to get there when I arrived, with baby's feet literally coming out while I was in the wheelchair on the way up to the delivery room. Dr. Horton has been trained in vaginal breech delivery and did not break a sweat when I presented in almost a state of shock! He helped deliver my footling breech baby boy healthy and strong, and I am blessed that he was standing outside the door of my L&D room. My son came 3 minutes after arriving to the hospital! If not for Dr.'s like Dr. Horton, who take the time to train in breech vaginal delivery...baby's like mine may have a very different outcome. Breech is usually an automatic cesarean largely due to inexperience of the OB in delivering them. Thank you Dr. Horton for being there for us!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

I went to see Dr. Hornton for a second opinion on a high pregnancy issue. I waited one hour and 20 minutes before I was met by a nurse, only to wait again to see the Doctor. I had to leave as I had to get back to work. I saw the Dr. in the hallway and told him my husband and I had to get back to work. His response, "Ok, bye bye." I will never go back to Emory's practice again. I am besides myself with fury.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

This doctor does not have a great bed side manner. It was quick and when I asked him to explain things he handed me brochures (Go Figure!)

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Very patient and informative Dr. Involved me in making all decisions and was answered every question. Did not make me feel like I was wasting his time with my questions

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

This MD along with the other MD's at Emory Crawford Long OBGYN are the worst doctors. They lack the skills to and knowledge to be ob doctors. I would NEVER recommend this doctor or any doctor at this office.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

friendly, professional, prompt

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Dr. John P. Horton's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 2000)