Ratings for Dr. Karen Lo

we have been patients of Dr.Lo, Karen Lo father, when he retired she was nice enough to take us on as her patients. She is very nice and caring person. Very knowledgeable,and if unsure she seeks second opinion. When she moved her practice together with Dr. Ouelette, that was when I found it rather DIFFICULT to even something simple like calling the office. It took almost 2 hours to finally get through. Her staff is very loud and unprofessional. And to put it simply, you can't get through or pass the receptionist. Now the office doesn't make appointments you call, if you lucky your call gets answered and they make you appointment the very same day. Dr. Lo is no longer in this office, I was told she decided to take care of the elderly in Nursing home. If that is the case I am very happy for the folks in this said Nursing home. They got themselves EXCELLENT doctor. I since found another doctor, who much reminds me DR.Lo very caring person.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

My family has had the pleasure of having Dr. Lo as our doctor since my children were babies. She is a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, kind woman who obviously has tremendous medical knowledge and fantastic healer's instincts. I have always felt lucky to be in her competent hands. Karen is exceptionally kind and personable with my children, one of whom has special needs. She is patient and thorough. I hope that she is well and wish her the best as she is away. Office staff can be abrupt, but that's personality, not a lack of caring or concern. I appreciate being seen as a person first. I wished they were accepting new patients, so that my mum could have Dr. Lo and Dr. Ouellette's expert care, too.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

No one know where Dr. Lo, all they tell you is she isn't practicing there. So who the hell is my Doctor. I was never notified

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I find the whole office visit to be a pleasant experience. It is a very busy practice but all doctor's withing this practice take time to answer all you questions and they all provide excellent care. You just know that they really do care about their patients.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

It's next to impossible to get through to book an appt. or to ask a question. If the line isn't busy, I'm always put on hold for at least 10 minutes. (I usually have to give up after that long as my work break is over.) Dr. Lo is very nice and knows her stuff. It's just frustrating that they seem to overbook and there is always a long wait. It's also frustrating trying to get through on the phone. The staff are loud and not very professional.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

The staff, Linda and Paula are at most times very condescending, inaccurate and downright rude if you do not succumb to their demands. Dr. Lo stacks too many patients for a day when you arrive for your appointment on time you sit and wait for at least an hour before you are taken to the exam room, then in there you sit for another 30 minutes or more. God help you if you’re late, you will get charged a fee, but if the doctor is late, that means nothing to her, perhaps next time I have to wait past my appointment I should send a bill to her!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

My family has seen Dr Lo since the beginning of her practise in London. She is a wonderful Dr and very helpful. She takes the time you need to talk about any health issues you have. She is a busy Dr and mother but she takes the time to listen and give constructive advice. As is often the case in life you will get out of your relationship with Dr Lo what you put in.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

Dr. Lo has been our family physician for 15 years at least. She is fantastic, knowledgeable, and warm. She knows when to treat something herself and when to refer you to a specialist. She always calls with test results and has even made follow calls later in the evening regarding vaccines that were available. Yes, the office does get backed up at times. This is a problem with patients making appts for one thing and then discussing 12. In addition, there is a shortage of doctors and their current patient load is huge. I am sure most are doing their best. The receptionist and nurse are wonderful women, especially considering how busy they are. Anyone with Dr. Lo as his/her family physian should count themselves lucky.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Lo has been my family doctor for about 15 years or so. She is so warm and friendly, and always takes the time to listen to me. She always explains things in non-medical language. Her recepionist is super busy, but if you're nice and are patient, she is actually quite a lovely person. The nurse in the office is also very nice. I have moved, and continue to drive to London because I would never give her up as a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2009

Unfortunately, Dr. Lo is always running late and when you do finally see her rushes off a prescription or sends you to a specialist. You get the feeling that she doesn't really know what she is doing. Very Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008