Ratings for Dr. Vijaya L. Sunkara

Dr. Sunkara is part of the pcp office I use, but not my regular doctor. During an emergency visit for extreme abdominal pain & cramping she dismissed my symptoms as the onset of my menstral cycle because the timing was close. After I protested that this was a very different pain than that, she sent me for a "stat" sonogram at the local hospital. Even though I watched as the techs faxed the results directly to her while I was still at the hospital, Dr. Sunkara did not return my calls for results for 3 days, during which time I even contacted the after hours service when she was on call and she never returned those messages. Meanwhile I was in severe pain. After seeking help from a specialist once my pcp returned to the office, it turns out I had a severe flare up of IBS. I was very unhappy with my treatment and the doctor's cavalier attitude toward my pain. If I were not so happy with the care of my regular doctor in that office, I would have changed doctors immediately.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr. Vijaya L. Sunkara's Credentials

• Guntur Med Coll, Univ Of Hlth Sci, Guntur, Ap, India (Grad. 1995)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal