Ratings for Dr. Nathan D. Ivey

I went to see Dr. Ivey as he was recommended at a health fare. After a few appointments, I agreed to have Dr. Ivey operate on my right foot in February 2015. I was skeptical, but Dr. Ivey assured me he had quite a bit of experience and could remove the bunion and straighten the second toe. I previously had a failed surgery on this foot about 10 years prior, so Dr. Ivey had to be convincing. Dr. Ivey was very confident he could correct the first failed bunionectomy. He told me he was going to use metal pins. After the surgery, I was informed he used pins that dissolved instead. The surgery did not work I still have a bunion and my second toe is even worse now. I am once again searching for a foot doctor :(

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I don't know what to say. I went to Dr. Ivey for a second opinion for a bunionectomy performed by a different doctor. I still have a bunion, horrible scar and my great toe is rubbing against the one next to it Dr. Ivey said that in me medical community (whatever that entails) my surgery would be considered "acceptable". I don't think so. I didn't pay for "acceptable"! He went so far as to compare my unhappiness of the outcome of my foot to plastic surgery in California! Did I mention that I still have bunion.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. Ivey is a Rockstar of a surgeon. Where I once had a deformed mess I now have a beautiful, functional foot! I can't thank him and his staff Lynette and Tammy enough!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Agree with the rating below with a pre determined diagnosis. Still limping. Looking for a doctor who will actually poke and prod, and maybe even take an xray

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Ivey is an excellent surgeon and arguably the best in the state. I haven't needed his services since 2003, but have sent friends who took my recommendations for his expertise. Great staff as well.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

As a direct result of Dr. Ivey's work, I have completed 2 full marathon's. I was limping when I went in to see him. Overall great Doctor. In fact, I am going skiing this weekend. Thanks Doc, you rock!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Best Foot Doctor that I have ever had, and we have lived in several different metropolitan cities throughout the country. My husband is also a physician and he also admires and respects Dr. Ivey. Dr. Ivey has the qualifications, experience, concern, and the latest techniques to handle the most complex problems. I would never see another foot surgeon. He's the best.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I went to Dr. Ivey due to top of foot pain. I tried to get an appointment with a couple other podiatrists, but the appointment wait time was over a month for each, and I see Dr. Ivey within 2 days. During the visit, he was polite and attentive, but I had the feeling that he had his diagnosis and treatment recommendation before he walked in the room. He immediately assumed that I had a fracture of one of the metatarsal bones in my foot, but told me that it would not likely be visible on an X-ray. However, I told him that the pain was higher on the foot than the metatasal bones, he did not seem to hear or listen to that. In any case, after an X-ray that showed nothing, he prescribed a "boot" to immobilize the foot and told me to come back in 3 weeks. The boot, worked for a while, but mainly because I laid off of physical activity. As soon as I started hiking and playing tennis the pain resumed. I could have bought the boot online for $50 to $90, but through him it cost $284.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

My husband has been seeing Dr.Ivey for years and he and his staff have always been caring, loving and kind. We look forward to seeing them. We have a four year old and Dr. Ivey teaches her medical terms and she remembers them. They're all great.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Ivey has operated on my right foot on two occasions. Right toe and fractured fibula. He is an excellent doctor. He is a brilliant, well edcuated (current knowledge) physician. I strongly recommend him without reservation!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Nathan D. Ivey's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)