You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Nathan D. Ivey

Dr. Ivey is a Rockstar of a surgeon. Where I once had a deformed mess I now have a beautiful, functional foot! I can't thank him and his staff Lynette and Tammy enough!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Ivey is an excellent surgeon and arguably the best in the state. I haven't needed his services since 2003, but have sent friends who took my recommendations for his expertise. Great staff as well.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

As a direct result of Dr. Ivey's work, I have completed 2 full marathon's. I was limping when I went in to see him. Overall great Doctor. In fact, I am going skiing this weekend. Thanks Doc, you rock!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Best Foot Doctor that I have ever had, and we have lived in several different metropolitan cities throughout the country. My husband is also a physician and he also admires and respects Dr. Ivey. Dr. Ivey has the qualifications, experience, concern, and the latest techniques to handle the most complex problems. I would never see another foot surgeon. He's the best.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I went to Dr. Ivey due to top of foot pain. I tried to get an appointment with a couple other podiatrists, but the appointment wait time was over a month for each, and I see Dr. Ivey within 2 days. During the visit, he was polite and attentive, but I had the feeling that he had his diagnosis and treatment recommendation before he walked in the room. He immediately assumed that I had a fracture of one of the metatarsal bones in my foot, but told me that it would not likely be visible on an X-ray. However, I told him that the pain was higher on the foot than the metatasal bones, he did not seem to hear or listen to that. In any case, after an X-ray that showed nothing, he prescribed a "boot" to immobilize the foot and told me to come back in 3 weeks. The boot, worked for a while, but mainly because I laid off of physical activity. As soon as I started hiking and playing tennis the pain resumed. I could have bought the boot online for $50 to $90, but through him it cost $284.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

My husband has been seeing Dr.Ivey for years and he and his staff have always been caring, loving and kind. We look forward to seeing them. We have a four year old and Dr. Ivey teaches her medical terms and she remembers them. They're all great.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Ivey has operated on my right foot on two occasions. Right toe and fractured fibula. He is an excellent doctor. He is a brilliant, well edcuated (current knowledge) physician. I strongly recommend him without reservation!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I had surgery to remove bone fragrments and repair damage to my right foot and big toe. I was amazed at how incredibly attentive and informative my initial visits to Dr. Ivey were. I was extremely anxious about getting this done, and Dr Ivey aleviated all my fears and concerns by being so meticulous about educating me about the whole process. Surgery went beautiful, I felt very well protected and taken care of by many people, in pre-op, and during, and after the surgery. I had done research about best doctors in New Mexico to have this done, and even had met with an excellent doctor previous to Dr. Ivey, but after meeting with Dr. Ivey, I knew he was the one I wanted to do my surgery. I'm very, very blessed to have had him as my doctor and surgeon, and highly recommend him to all. Thanks Dr. Ivey for taking such good care of me! Eric Von

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Very very amazing doctor! My regular primary care doctor told me that my x rays were "acceptable" when in actuality I was in serious danger. I had a compound fracture 12 years ago and hardware inserted. The screws inserted started to press on a tendon on the inside of my ankle causing popping and pain. After reviewing my x rays he told me that my tendon could rupture and possibly might already be torn partially. The surgery was a success, quick and with a great outcome. He removed the screws and my tendon had not started to tear and my recovery has been great. He's very knowledgeable and attentive and so is his staff! He saw the danger when my own doctor basically laughed in my face!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

Dr. Nathan D. Ivey's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)

HealthPartners

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ivey is a Rockstar of a surgeon. Where I once had a deformed mess I now have a beautiful, functional foot! I can't thank him and his staff Lynette and Tammy..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Agree with the rating below with a pre determined diagnosis. Still limping. Looking for a doctor who will actually poke and prod, and maybe even take an xray"

October 15, 2014