Ratings for Dr. Andi Scheibenstock

Dr. Scheibenstock is good for getting the equipment and services , but is lackinhg in a caring and compassionate bedside manor. I have had health problems for most of this year . Starting in early July or august I began having problems with my right leg, problems that I had as a child, this is nothing, I was told they would more than likely return as a adult. The symptoms of this are a very strong ache in and around the knee. My leg is in spasm and bent. I have gone to emergency on numerous occasions for this very reason. I have been told by the emergency department that my bones are very brittle and I should limit the amount walking so as to reduce the risk of falls and fractures.I recently had two appointments with her to address the situation. The first appointment I went in my electric wheelchair,she was angry and referred to it as a thing. I passed it off as just having a bad day. On my second appointment she again referred to my wheelchair as a thing told me all I needed to do was put the wheelchair as far away from me as possible, even suggested I leave it outside so I would be forced to try to walk. How can a doctor who is supposed to care for people and control their pain, and manage their conditoon, so that they can live independently and pain free. Another thing, your place of practice should be accessible to everyone, no matter their mode of mobility. A person with a disability has a right to medical treatment the same as their able-bodied counterparts. I ask that you pay attention to your patients needs and concerns. Do not sluff them off. The way you made me feel I do not ever want to go into your clinic again.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I find that Dr. Scheibenstock is a good doctor. She is however extremely busy. It can feel very impersonal at times with her as she's so distracted by her own voice. If she spent more time listening than talking she would be a GREAT doctor. The staff at the clinic she works is a whole entire different story. They are absolutely the worst. Horrible staff up front. Rude, snotty and just generally unpleasant.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Worst doctor Ive ever seen. Has no compassion. will not listen. does not care about patients and is selfish. She worries about her wolves move than people. In all honesty I would not recommend her to my worst enemy.

Submitted October 11, 2014

I was very disappointed in Dr. Andi Scheibenstock's bedside manner and lack of compassion for a difficult situation. I was a victom of a MVA where Cranbrook is not my home and am suffering with 2 fractures T12 and L1. I am required to wear a clam shell brace for 3 to 5 months and have very little mobility. She had no regard for the amount of pain I was in, the release from the hospital was unprofessional and she wasn't willing to assist with a transfer to LGH even though there was a bed available, nor perscribe any breakthrough med's to help with the pain on the trip home. Dr. Scheibenstock I hope you treat your local patients better than those out of city / province.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Takes forever to see her. What a disappointment. And when you can see her, it's usually to send you off to do lab tests and she rarely follows up on it because she's too busy with her other job in the ER. So I hardly can find results until I make another appointment which is 4 weeks later when she is available and I'm even sicker or taken by ambulance in terrible shape in the ER!! She won't take cases personally but pawn them off to specialists because she is too busy to do the work herself. She has too many patients and not enough time. I don't recommend her unless you don't mind waiting 4-6 weeks for an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr Andi is a very busy lady and sometimes hard to get in to see but she has been great trying to sort out my health issues.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

To me one the best Doctors in Cranbrook, she can be very hard to get in to see on short notice. She is very caring and very thourough.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

The only complaint I have is that it can be difficult to get in to see Dr. Andi last minute. However, she has made efforts to ensure she keeps some appointments open for last minute patients, and everyone deserves to keep work in balance with life. When we have seen her, she has been helpful with a variety of complaints, always listens and is knowledgeable. If she is not sure about something she will check. We were sad when we learned our family doctor was no longer practicing family medicine, but once we saw Dr. Andi we realized how fortunate we are to have her. She is kind and professional.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009