Dr. John Balkansky

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Balkansky

I found Dr. John Balkansky as caring doctor to his clients. He really help clients. He is very kind and approachable. Extremely knowledgeable, he knows how to explain to his patients with regards to the treatment they needed. He is very professional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2019

Dr. John is very professional and knowledgeable, he knows how to explain to his patients the treatments they need follow up and what needs to be done. Also everybody that works in the clinic are very friendly and welcoming.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Fantastic Doctor who runs a great clinic full of really wonderful health care professionals. Highly recommend Dr. John and his Clinic to anyone dealing with an injury. So thankful he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Balkansky is wonderful. He takes the time to explain things to you in a way that you can understand. He is very patient and kind. John is extremely helpful and will go out of h way to assist you. I am very grateful he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

I was referred by a friend after a work injury. Thanks to Dr. Balkansky I was able to return to work quickly and I am now pain free. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

He's a doctor I recommend to all my friends, my visit there was a great one, he made me feel comfortable and was extremely helpful with my injuries. His office is nice, modern and has everything I need for my rehab. Love this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I found Dr. John to be a caring and compassionate doctor. He was thorough and knowledgeable, and I appretiated that he took the time to address all my questions and concerns during his assessment of my injuries. Overall I was extremely impressed with his manner and pleasant nature, as well as his recommendations and treatment options suggestions.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. John Balkansky's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John Balkansky graduated from The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in 1997, and founded the iWellness.ca Rehab & Wellness Clinic in 2007. Dr. Balkansky takes a functional approach to care, incorporating chiropractic principles, along with other treatment options, in order for his patients to reach their maximum recovery potential. His passion for healing compliments his personal approach to health care, looking at the entire person and treating each case as unique. He performs thorough assessments of structural and functional aspects of injuries and uses this information to provide the most relevant and effective treatment options for each person as an individual. Although he focuses his practice mainly on the treatment of sports-related and motor vehicle injury rehabilitation, he also deals with a wide range of other conditions, including acute injuries, supportive care and chronic conditions. In the past, he has performed functional ability evaluations as the director of an assessment centre and as a result, has extensive experience in this area. He works closely with family physicians and other health care providers in order to maximize his patients recovery. Dr. Balkansky is registered on the Theralase website as one of the few certified clinics within the City of Toronto to employ the TLC-1000 Theralase therapeutic laser system and it has become one of the main treatment modalities employed at iWellness.ca Rehab & Wellness Clinic. Dr. Balkansky is fluent in English and Bulgarian, and also speaks some French, Russian, Italian, and Spanish. Dr. John is a self proclaimed "techno geek", and his hobbies include playing the piano, drawing, painting and is also a Sci-Fi and action movie buff.

• English
  • French
  • Bulgarian
  • Russian
  • Italian
  • Spanish

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1993)
  • Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Grad. 1997)

• Chiropractic adjustment