Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Shearer

I always thought Dr. Shearer was a good doctor. He drug tested all his patients. He did listen to me and had MRI's done on my back and neck. I was prescribed a back brace and oxycodone. Everytime I went to the office I had to wait for hours to see him though. I was shocked to find in the news about his license being revoked. Very disappointed and hurt. I found out because I had tried to get a hold of him for 3 weeks and could not. Voicemail said closed until further notice. I thought maybe there was a death in the family. My mother mentioned the possibility of him being invesigated...and sure enough she was right! I feel so cheated! Live and learn my friends...

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

The wait at the office was very long due to so many patients however it was worth the wait so that I am able to perform my daily activities. I am out of my medication and I can't function at all. My back is so bad I just cry and lay in bed with a heating pad just trying to decrease the pain in some way. My poor family see's me in this horrible funk because I am in so much pain and it is not fair. I don't know what to do other than go to the ER to get immediate help. Dr. Shearer is a great dr and he is not the problem. If you look at the pts who died it was from heroine or seeing multi drs at once. That is not his fault! Of course the meds given by dr shearer were in these pts systems because they were presribed but the rest of the stuff found in there tox screens were not from him. My thoughts & prayers go out to all the other pts who are in the same boat as I am.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

Great Doctor who actually cares about his patients and willing to find the problem instead of referring you to someone else to do it.....

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

Dr. Shearer actually cares about his patients and is willing to listen to their concerns. He sometimes has a long wait to see him, but I can assure you that it is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Dr. Shearer is a great doctor. He diagnosed my headaches the very first visit. I have been his patient for 3 years now and he and his staff are professional and courteous. I had been to numerous physicians who all said I was having migraine headaches. They were all wrong, I have neuralgia cluster headaches. Now with a proper diagnosis and medication, I lead a normal life. He is a wonderful doctor and I thank God I found him.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Office people takes a long time to answer the phone.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Gary A. Shearer's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Florence, KY