Ratings for Dr. Uzma Faisal

Dr.Faisal is great!! She always wants to cross every possible problem off the list and asks questions to make sure . She has never been a pill pusher and I will continue to see her for all my medical needs . The only problem is that the front end staff are not friendly and can make you feel like you're a hassle to them .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Faisal's for a few years. Only really going to her for annual check ups and acute illnesses. I don't find her to be a 'pill pusher' as previously described. I find her to be patient, inquisitive and thorough, while also trying to stay efficient and manage her time. With my first complete medical with her she discovered chronic issues with me that had always been previously overlooked. She investigated thoroughly until we were sure there was nothing to worry about. Now I know a bit more about my body and can make decisions accordingly. I think she is quick when the issue seems minor, but willing to spend the time if she suspects a bigger issue. That's been my experience.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

she is the best dr,i feel in safe hands when ever i visit her

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr. Faisal is a great doctor. She has never pushed medications and has been very thorough when it comes to figuring out what's wrong. She is very kind and always follows up with past concerns. I felt heard and respected. She's a doctor that I can trust to put my health first. I'm very happy to have found such a great doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Very good. She has been nothing but helpful. My only issue was when she started me on concerta (dose was way to high), but she was more than happy to consult a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Dr Faisal is a wonderful, kind, caring and engaged doctor-I went to her this week with an embarassing haemorroid problem ( YUCK) and she went over and above to make me feel at ease and to allay my fears. As a patient, we go to a doctor so full of fear- and how nice is it that they are able to calm us down and do all possible to help. Dr Faisal- thank YOU- you truly have been an Angel for me- You are so appreciated and I am so glad that I have YOU as our family doctor- Thank you a billion times over- we need to clone you. Bless you Dr Faisel xoxoxoxox

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I find the staff here unhelpful rude and crass. I am only ever seen on time if I have the first morning appointment. The washrooms are ALWAYS understocked/missing toilet roll, hand towels and soap. Dr Faisal is very quick to reach for the prescription pad and has misinformed me on what creams I can use for my psoriasis when pregnant! I have stood with a crying toddler who had a fever and rash and waited nearly 3hrs for a walk in. (I knew my child's condition did not warrant a hospital trip, they did not - i needed a second opinion on what I thought). I cringe when I know I have to make an appointment with her/at Royal Oak MC. I am looking for a new doctor. I have found her bedside manner scattered, she is not 'present' with you and your problems and I find my self repeating what I have said because my needs have not been met. She is also very quick in and very quick out. I left an appointment with her with out a estimated due date - because she wanted to be out so quick!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

I have switched medical clinics because the general standards of this medical practice as a whole is slipping. Cleanliness of the facility, and the front desk staff is horrible. Obviously some people find Dr Faisal a good doctor but for my family's medical care, we found her awful. She was condescending, not proactive at all. My husband's diabetic care was severely lacking--she treated him like he didn't know anything he was talking about (and he's had the condition for years) and her pastoral care after I had a miscarriage was very unsympathetic. We made complaints to the practice manager of this clinic but felt our concerns were not addressed. Therefore we switched. I guess my advice would be try this doctor out--she's better than having no GP at all, but she wasn't our family's cup of tea at all.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Dr faisal is a breath of fresh air- she is so caring and knowledgeable- she was patient and thorough with us. We are so grateful to have her as our family doctor. She is everything we have looked for in a medical professional - She reviwed all my test results with me and went over and above to advise on the travle vaccines me and my family would need fo our upcoming vacation.I felt so at ease with her- and trust was built instinctively. Dr faisal sure was worth the wait and a keeper! Thank you Dr faisal and bless you.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Looking at the comments and rating of "fair" I have to agree. Dr. Faisal does push meds but to be fair, many patients want a quick fix. I don't know how many patients are seen a day, but only band aid medicine can be done in any busy clinic. What's your biggest symptom? This may only be treated if you are lucky. This can be a function of medicine in this kind of setting today. However, I've been to visit Dr. Faisal when busy and slow, the approach seems consistent either way. I can get past the demeanor if the skills are good. I don't care if my physician is a fuzz bunny so long as they can assist in helping to formulate the right medical decision for ME. Good diagnostic skill and experience goes a long way. I've had similar negative experiences with this physician. I'm now visiting this rating site because I am not pleased with the medical care I have received. If you want a pill bag, many doctors can do that.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012