Ratings for Dr. Stephen P. Scrivani

The doctor seemed to be somewhere else during recent visits. He was not listening to my problems resulting in wrong prescriptions and having to come back for another appointment. Wait times have greatly increase din the last year with waits up to 45 minutes just to be called to the room. The phone staff is just rude lately, and it is hard just to get an appointment even if you are willing to work with them. It's a shame, this used to be the office I would have recommended to all my friends, now I would not recommend them to anyone. If I were doing research on a new physician, I would say pass over this practice. You will be grateful you did.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Scrivani for over 30 years and he has always been kind and caring. He addresses my concerns and does appropriate diagnostic testing. He does not rush you and takes the time to listen. Sometimes I have waited more than 30 minutes but it has never been an issue. Any concerns I have are never "brushed off". I feel you must take an active role in your healthcare. His office staff as well as the office NP, PA and his staff assistant (Cheryl) are very helpful and personable. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Scrivani to others.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

I have been a patient of the Doctors for more than 20 years and I find him very caring and responsive. He was quick to send my husband for more tests that diagnosed his cancer.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Have seen Dr. Scrivani for 5 years now. Have had no problem getting appointments when I need them, although sometimes not so good about getting me in on time. However, Dr. Scrivani and his staff have always been excellent. They allow me to voice concerns, and they LISTEN. Has offered excellent referrals to specialists as well as for second opinions, without bitterness or spite. Properly diagnosed rare genetic blood disorder that previous 3 doctors never even considered.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

I'm writing on behalf of my late mother (because the dead can't speak). She was a patient of Scrivani's for more than a decade and visited him at least once a month because she was in pain. Despite her numerous visits, he repeatedly misdiagnosed her condition. As a result, she suffered needlessly for years and ended up dying prematurely as a result of colon cancer (which was properly diagnosed just 30 days before her death. By that time, the cancer had spread throughout her digestive tract and was untreatable.) Worse, Scrivani and his staff made it clear that he could have cared less about his years of misdiagnoses, which contributed to my mother's death.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. Stephen P. Scrivani's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1981)