Ratings for Dr. N. Wonko

Our twins were 6 weeks early and we spent 2 weeks in the nic unit we went to all the follow ups and staff was great and he's open and honest my son developed hydrocephalus at 6 months my family dr missed this it was caught by a health nurse who caught the increased head measurement and phoned dr wonko wonko got me a bed immediately in pediatrics and got the ball rolling to treat him and made us feel like our boy was the only one he'd come in early before shifts to come see our boy now that's commitment

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

My son was born at 25w2d and was 1lb2oz. He has been in NICU for over 2 months and will still be there awhile. Dr. Wonko may be an excellent dr and know his stuff but he has the rudest egotistical sarcastic pull your head out of your a## attitude I have ever met. Because of this I do not trust the care he provides. He is not a team player. He may know text book and on paper but I know my child. Maybe working with the parents instead of a division would cause less stress on parents and better care for the child.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Wonko. He has an excellent bedside manor and is very knowledgeable. My daughter was born at 28 weeks due to a uterine rupture he was there the night our lives fell apart I truley believe my daughter is with us today happy and healthy thanks to Dr. Wonko!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr Wonko cared for our son while he was in NICU, after being born premature. While in NICU, DR Wonko was fabulous, and I thought we were so lucky to have him care for our baby. Since leaving NICU we have had several follow-up appointments with Dr Wonko, at his request. Everytime we go, Dr Wonko is rude and insulting. I always leave the appointment angry and on the verge of tears. I suppose unless Dr Wonko is raising my son, he won't be raised "right". Luckily my son is healthy and shows no reasons for concern. After the last visit, I have decided not to return to Dr Wonko for follow-ups.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

We love, love LOVE Dr. Wonko. We have worked with him with all three of our preemies and there is no other person whose opinion I value more with regards to my children's health. He is thoughtful, thorough (oh so thorough albeit a bit slow on rounds), he has a memory to envy and a very sharp wit. He treats his patients like they are his only one and the parents like THEY are the experts that he needs to learn from. This is especially true with the neonatal follow-ups. He explains ideas, diagnoses, theories, and so on very well and one is never made to feel like he is simplifying or cushioning any knowledge he is imparting. He has played a very prominent role in my daughter's medical journey and he has gone beyond the duties of being her neonatologist. He admits when he is confounded or confused but he has NEVER let us down in his persistence to find answers to the many medical issues we have faced. We are so fortunate to have this man on our team.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

We loved Dr. Wonko at NICU. Luckily our son was only in for a week. The trial and error methods were a little disheartening at times since my boy was a baby who loved to vomit. After many ultrasounds and blood work Dr. Wonko diagnosed my wonderful baby as being fed by a fire hose. Nothing wrong with being a good milk supplier to a newborn baby! He was always willing to answer questions and we also discovered some minor kidney related problems so our time there was not a scary waste. Thank you to Dr. Wonko and Staff of RUH NICU.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr. Wonko was our daughter's NICU ped. when she was born 12 weeks early in August of 2008. He was very compassionate and when asked what to expect he stated that he loves and treats these babies as though they were his own....and it showed. He was compassionate, answered our questions and made us feel comfortable in the crazy NICU world!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

We had a difficult time getting information from Dr. Wonko while our daughter was in NICU. When he did come talk to us, we never learned anything from him. He was wasting everyones time. Thank goodness Dr. Sankaran came on and took over.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Wonko was my daughters doctor in 2006 when she was born due to a car accident. She was seven and a half weeks early and showed signs of severe damage from asphyxiation. When we decided to due everything possible for her he said if it was his decision he never would have brought her back in the first place and that if she survived she would have SEVERE cerebral palsy. She is now two years old runs around everywhere. She speaks very good for a two year old. She is friendly outgoing and full of life. She is by far the happiest and wonderful child. Sometimes Dr.s need to accept and admit when they do not know and do not influence parents.Potential of babies and God should not be underestimated. You can't tell if a newborn will never have quality of life and in this case Dr. Wonko could never be more wrong in saying that to us.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

Dr. Wonko looked after my preemie twins in 2000. We were there for 2 months and he was amazing. Very strait forward and vey friendly. Even for follow up apointments he was great. No words in the world could ever say enough about how amazing this man is! Thanks again Dr. Wonko and staff for all you did!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2007