Ratings for Dr. Stephen Haber

I have been going to Dr. Haber for 6 years and found him very helpful and knowledgable up until my last recent visit. Because I had been having issues he ordered my orthotics differently this time but when they arrived they were way too wide and also full length which I had never had before. I was unable to adjust to them and because they were so wide and long they would fold every time I put them in a different pair of shoes. Dr. Haber sent them back for readjustment closer to the ones I had previously. Very slowly and through much pain and limping at times on my part I started to adjust to the new orthotics. On my fourth (and last) visit I told him there was something not right. He inquired how I found my full length orthotics because most people say they are uncomfortable. I was floored at what he said and feel all along he never listened to me. He trimmed the orthotics a little shorter for me. By the next day I was pain free. THIS MEANT I SPENT 3 1/2 MONTHS IN MISERY. I will never go back to him ever again.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I agree with the other comments. Time management at the office is completely pathetic. HHad to wait 50 minutes before being seen, then another 45 minutes as Dr Haber kept running in and out to serve other patients. The advice was almost non-existant as well. If I didn't probe him with questions he would have offered up vitually nothing. Dr Haber's social skills were definitely poor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Haber has been helpful and knowledgeable with me and my health issues . I find I do have to wait a few some times longer then I would like but I hold that to being busy with other patients. I would recommend seeing him,

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Haber's for years and I like going to his office. His staff are always so friendly and helpful. And he always spends a few extra minutes with me making sure I'm taking care of. Though he often runs a little behind, I can only assume cause he does that for everyone.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I read previous comments first before posting this one. I was already certain of what I was going to say, but I was curious to know how different people's evaluations would be from mine. The low ratings comments match my thoughts exactly. The man was very unhelpful, did not provide any suggestions for appropriate shoe brands for my young son & when I asked him for names of brands, he said sarcastically, "Just use your own judgement." Whenever I asked questions, his answers were defensive, rude, and gave the impression that he was avoiding answering because he lacked knowledge. Basically, this guy has much room for improvement. His staff on the other hand were very nice, pleasant ladies. This visit for my son & I was a first & a last visit. I'll travel to see a knowledgeable, appropriately communicative professional next time.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I actually feel sorry for him after reading these reviews. Dr. Haber is a very good podiatrist but is slightly lacking in social skills. He has always treated me with respect and I believe that he knows his stuff. His clinic is poor at time management though. Good foot treatments.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

As he is the only podiatrist in New Market he has a captive audience. Only one visit and I switched to nail care from a pedicure office. Much better foot care than this place.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Bedside manners are non-existent. Not sure where this individual comes off treating people in such a poor manner. Thinks he is superior over others. I will not put up with his poor attitude and will never go back.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I found Dr. haber to be a snob and had major attitude. he tried to intimidate me during my visit and i can only say that it was enough to turn me off. I have since found a wonderful Dr. Dr. Sara Chan at 200 Davis. She is amazing and knows her stuff. dr. chan greets you with a smile and talks to you on a one to one basis. Both my husband and I switched to Sara and we couldnt be happier. No attitude, and she was thoroughly interested in what we had to say.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

They should check to see if you have anything resembling a personality before they let you treat patients and allow you to clip toenails. This man was insulting to me and my husband after he made us wait over 1 hour to been seen when there was no one else in the waiting room. I specifically contacted the office to say that my husband could only spend less than one hour due to his condition and I was assured that would be so. Nonetheless, if you want to be treated as if you were inferior, look no further than this podiatrist. I have since seen a chiropodist, Dr. Sara Chan in Newmarket and have been treated as I expected, as a human being. Extremely disappointed to say the least with his service. The staff are pleasant, I wish I could say the same for Haber. Beware!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015