Ratings for Dr. Russell Nauta

When I first met Dr Nauta, I was in sheer agony before my appendectomy. He was calm, reassuring, and put me at ease (this my first surgery). He did a laparoscopic removal although he did warn me he would have to open up via a traditional incision if things were worse than the CT scan indicated. Recovery and follow up have been better than anticipated!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Wonderful, talented surgeon who treated me respectfully and explained things to me well. Not at all arrogant, obviously extremely skilled, kind and even had a sense of humor. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr Nauta was very personable and made an excellent connection with my husband & me. My husband had an emergency surgery for an infected but not yet burst appendix. Dr Nauta explained the appendectomy procedure- small 2-3 inch surgery and answered all questions fully and respectfully. He came to me personally after the op to explain how it went and the recovery process from physical activities through nutritional needs & time span from liquid through solids. I would highly recommend this experienced, thorough, and kind surgeon to my friends, family and others. Same for the Mt Auburn staff, from emergency care through the surgical & anesthesia teams to the floor nursing staff.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I went in for a routine scheduled appendectomy. about 5 mins before going into the OR when I asked about the procedure and found out that Dr. Nauta does not do laparoscopic surgeries. So instead of a few small incisions which are less invasive I was having my stomach cut open. There was no reason to have an open procedure except for that fact that Dr. Nauta just doesn't do the more technologically advanced surgeries.Following the surgery Dr. Nauta was supposed to inform my boyfriend that I was out of the OR and recovering. No one contacted him. So he had to call the recovery room himself. I never saw or heard from Dr. Nauta during recovery and received little to no instruction about my recovery. So little that I didn't know that I needed a follow up appointment until I saw that I had staples holding my sutures together. A week later I can barely walk and I'm still in significant pain due to this surgeon's decision to fully cut me open rather than using a less invasive procedure.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Saved my life with 2 surgeries after another doctor performed 2 surgeries and left me to pass away but I seeked out this doctor and he saved me.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Russell Nauta's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1977)

AHC