Ratings for Dr. Sergio Weinberger

I see a lot of mixed reviews on Dr. Weinberger, i cannot comment on the experience of others, however i can at the very least share with you my own experience. I am a mother of four beautiful boys. My oldest is 14 and is on the low functioning end of the autism spectrum. That fact alone has sent me and my boys packing from majority of dentists in London, which i understand to a point, but to be honest by boy still pays the price for. My other three are thankfully healthy but behaviour can be a real challenge. I heard of Dr. Weinberger originally through a friend of mine who had brought their child there. I did my due diligence and googled, i read a lot of horrible reviews which made me skeptical, but since my options were severely limited i decided to give it a shot. I gave the office a call and explained my situation to the receptionist and she was extremely kind, sympathetic, and understanding. She offered me to come take a tour of the office and meet the Doctor. When i arrived the Doctor met with me, he said he understood my trepidation and explained to me his practices and beliefs on childrens dentistry, and took me on the tour, in the hopes of finding a right fit for my eldest son. Immediately i could see the differences between this office and most others. It was bright and open, nothing closed in. The normal dental clean smell that wasn't there, tv's in the ceiling, pale yellow walls, and a lengthy conversation with Dr. Weinberger , all lead me to schedule a consultation for my special son. They stayed open later one day to see me, as bringing in my son with many other people would have been disatrous, we struggled through the cursory exam, but in the end my son seemed to be fond of the Doctor, which as his mother made me tear up with its rarity. Dr. Weinberger laid out for me the work that needed to be done, as well as go over with me some tips for cleaning my sons teeth that have proved extremely useful. He went in depth with the explanation of the sedation my son was going to have and had a reasonable answer for every worrisome mother question i had. Next his assistant, a lovely young woman named Katherine, went over all the forms with me, she really took the time to make sure i understood exactly what was going to be happening, stopping several times to ensure i was comfortable. She was a wonder with my son, she had him excited to come back to the office and hangout with Dr. Hamburger. The ladies at the front explained all the special instructions with me, made sure i had copies of everything, and broke the estimate down for me piece by piece, and yes it was expensive.The way i see it is you get what you pay for. They sent an estimate to my insurance company and offered my a payment plan. Everyone at this office made this a near painless experience for me, so much so, that i brought my other three boys to the office, one had a similar procedure, and the two others were treated in the hospital. Two months and a lot of nervousness later, all four of my boys were healthy, happy, and cavity free. There are no words for the gratitude that i feel, and my sons will be seeing Dr. Weinberger from now own and we all could not be more pleased.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME with a consultation from here……just look somewhere else. I have NEVER EVER reviewed a business, dentist or doctor before, but I feel compelled to give others a heads up on this one. We had a consultation here and got a quote, but went to another office for a second opinion and after seeing the difference we went with the other office. Dr. Weinberger seems to standardly charge almost double what a lot of benefits programs will compensate you for. For example, a children’s crown (the actual stainless steel piece, not the procedure to do it) will be covered for $190. Dr. Weinberger charges…$350! Dr. Weinberger’s total quote was 47% higher than the office we decided to go with, for the exact same work. I’ll break down the categories further…. 1) Staff – Front desk staff are INCREDIBLY RUDE with no regard for your time. They can’t be bothered to return a phone call or do what they say. I waited 2 weeks and had to call them 3 times to get a quote, the other office I went to printed it out the same day for me. After I got my quote from Dr. Weinberger I had to submit my quote to our benefit plan and was left to figure all that out myself. The other office did all that for me. If I could give this category negative stars I would. Dr. Weinberger himself seems friendly enough but he does tend to talk down to you as does the rest of his staff. 2) Punctuality – They don’t care if you sit there all day. We waited 2 hours for the consultation, and while we were waiting we talked to 4 other patients who all had appointments the exact same time as us. 1 dentist, 5 patients, same time. 3) Helpfulness – Not helpful in the least. If you call the office with questions, don’t expect to get an answer. As stated above, they can’t be bothered to help decipher your benefits program. If you have to call back a second or third time you’ll be treated as an inconvenience. 4) Knowledge – The information that Dr. Weinberger himself gave us seemed correct. You don’t talk to him much though, he leaves his staff to do most of the patient conversation. So in closing, I hope this review helps someone avoid some headaches….just go somewhere else. We wasted 6 weeks messing around with this office between booking, waiting for the consultation and actually getting the quote. In that 6 weeks you could be well on your way to getting your problem fixed by an office that cares about YOU, not how much MONEY they can make off you.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

当我们刚刚移民到加拿大的时候,儿子3岁多,门牙缝有黑斑,其他有有三颗不严重的蛀牙。牙医建议我们找专业儿童牙医处理。过程不细说了,最终,医生全麻拔掉了8颗牙,给四颗镶了牙套。给儿子和我们带来很多悲催故事延续至今。。。。请远离这里!!!bad Doctor,worst Doctor。。。。

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Great dentist and wonderful with kids. To the April 19th post. Your fillings were done as a child and now your 25 and they need to be replaced??? So they may have lasted 10-15years. That's pretty amazing really. How often have you replaced your car in that time...or the tires on your car. Seems pretty cheap. Maybe also brush your teeth

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had very costly amalgam fillings done as a child here. I am not 25, and suffering from 8 broken teeth from the fillings a received here, all needing crowns and potentially extraction and implants, starting at $20,000. I would never send my child here, even if the quality of work meets a higher standard now, the amount of health and financial suffering I have endured has taken away from my quality of life, and I blame Dr. Weinberger's carelessness to inflict this situation on any individual.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

DO YOURSELF (and your wallet) A FAVOUR: DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!! Wish I had checked here first! We were referred from our family dentist because my daughter had some cavities. I was left to determine whether our benefits would cover the procedure they said she needed because their system was down on the day we went in. After checking with our two benefit carriers, who said the procedures would be covered, we booked the 1 hr dental procedure. It cost us over $4000, for 1 hour. Once I submitted to my benefit providers we found out that Dr. Weinberger charges almost double what the insurance companies allow for each line item (ex: he charges $72 for an x-ray that the insurance companies will only pay $34 for). When I brought the issue up with his staff I was told that Dr. Weinberger knows that he charges a lot and that even though they receive complaints about their prices all the time Dr. Weinberger "doesn't care".

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr Weinberger and his staff are GREAT! I myself have a dental phobia - I brought my daughter here in hopes she could avoid going thru what I have been thru with dentist. He is very thorough, he never has work done or xrays on her unless necessary - she has never had a cavity - she is very comfortable with this dentist - he often praises her for her brushing quality - he is quite pricey and insurance does not cover all he charges - but for me having the peace of mind that she is happy with him and comfortable with him and his staff makes all of the difference in the world! Regarding his front desk staff - they are always very friendly and helpful with any questions I have!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Excellent with my daughter, he is very good explaining what we needed to know. I felt relieved to found him. Caring and respectful. He does not make you feel that he does not have time to answer all your questions like other dentists that do not care if you know what is going with your teeth or not. Friendly and caring staff. We don't need to go any other dentist!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Stay away! Greedy Liars! So glad we got a second opinion. Told our daughter had more cavities that she really did. Wanted to put her under and were going to charge us for anesthesia. Was going to cost us at least $5000. Ha well got a second opinion and was told that what we were told my this guy was all a lie! Just do yourself a favor and stay away! The whole appointment was very awkward and can't stand how fake they all are and very demanding once they want money!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

My 6 year old was refered here from our family dentist, and was supposed to have a cavity filled using some Nitrous gas. He wanted to give her a general anaesthetic and cap 3 of her baby teeth! I was suspicious, and thankfully got a second opinion. This dentist is way too expensive as well... My benefits normally cover 100% dental, but he was charging a ridiculous amount of money. I know he charges more because he is a specialist, but there are other pediatric dentists in London who charge more reasonable amounts. I had also called this office twice with two different inquiries and nobody followed up on either occasion. Poor service, poor prices. Thankfully we got a second opinion and had our daughter's dental work done elsewhere!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015