Ratings for Dr. Raymond J. Rybicki

I find it humorous to read the negative nellie's on here. I have been coming to Dr Rybicki for the past 8 years when my primary Dr. referred me to Dr. Rybicki. Doctor ended up diagnosing me with MS. I have had Nothing but positive experiences when I have come to the office. There have been several different receptionists over the years and all have been fine as far as I am concerned. Brenda, the nurse, has been wonderful and caring with me and seems like she knows my family at this point. Too many people need to be coddled these days. Doctors are here to help and diagnose. He is a specialist and treats serious illnesses. He doesn't beat around the bush. I have found that he takes a very direct approach and I appreciate that about him. As for the comments about the answering service that they use...so what. If you can't call during their office hours then too bad.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I am shocked by the negative comments I have read at this site. After 2 procedures and numerous follow-up appointments, I have had nothing but excellent care and attention from the receptionist to the billing person to Dr. Rybicki. My doctor referred me to Dr. Rybicki after failed treatment of severe pain from the lower back region down my left leg probably complicated by my diabetes. My doctor read an MRI showing a disk in contact with the nerve in my lower back and ordered therapy that worsened my condition. After referring me to Dr. Rybicki, I had an EMG and other procedures and examinations by Dr. Rybicki. Dr. Rybicki correctly identified the cause of my disabling pain, altered the therapy and treatment processes. He worked his magic. I can walk without a limp and without other aids, I can work part time, and I can actually lift medium weights with very little pain. No more prescription pain medications. Thank you and your staff, Dr. Rybicki!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Rybicki was great. Explained everything to me, was kind, considerate, responsive to my needs. His assistant was fine. The staff behind the glass, not the greatest. The answering system is HORRIBLE. Didn't follow up with helping me schedule a MRI. They told me that they would call that day and now I keep calling and they are very difficult to get ahold of. Can't leave a message. At least let me leave a message to have them call. So all in all great doctor, horrible support staff.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Rybicki was able to treat my condition after I had already seen two very good doctors. I was told that I had an extremely unusual condition by the other two doctors and wanted me to see a neurologist. Dr. Rybicki showed that he had a great grasp of my situation, worked through it, and explained everything to me as he did. He worked around my schedule, kept costs in mind (I have a large deductible), gave me options, and best of all, gave me an effective treatment plan. I am now pain free and very happy. There are some reviews that state that Dr. Rybicki is arrogant and that his bedside manner is not good. He may be a bit rough around the edges, but I could tell that he cared about helping me and made sure I understood everything he was doing and why. I could also tell he was pleased that I am feeling much better. The best way I can describe him is that he is "old school". As long as you expect it, you'll be fine. I appreciate his care and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Rybicki is the most pompous,arrogant,condescending doctor I've ever had to deal with, and I've dealt with many. I practically ran out of the room, once his testing was completed. Those giving such glowing reports had to have been done by his family and staff because as a patient, the positive characteristics mentioned are well hidden. I consider him to be "Dr.Rude."

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

kind,professional and very knowledgable, I would highly reccommend him

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

I had a great experience and everyone was kind and caring. Dr. Rybicki is an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Will not recommend ~ not considered a patient unless the meter is running ~ Staff and Doctor have no genuine concern nor compassion for patients ~ staff is overbearing and condescending can truly say that I hated the experience and follow-up care or should I say the lack of...all I can recommend is do your research before choosing a doctor and save yourself this type of "doctoring"

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

The receptionist will not take message for Dr. The receptionist acts like she is sweet as pie and doing all she can but, in all reality she pretends to pull chart and play Dr. over phone when this is not the person I want giving me advice about my care. Will not relay concerns to Dr. and will make an appt. only. I thought being private practice I would NOT being getting treated like I called a clinic where the patients are treated as if they are on a conveyor belt and the Dr's. do not take the time for the patient. I was WRONG...given the treatment by the receptionist. Spent a lot of money for A LOT of tests...and MAYBE they earned it. I guess they got the $$$ and that's all it's about. Try to get as much $$$ as possible and not be considerate, compasionate or accesible because afterall we as patients are at their mercy.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

It was a pleasure visiting Consultants in Neurology and found the physicians and staff extremely knowledgable and office staff friendly. Thanks!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Raymond J. Rybicki's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1981)

GHI